[Taocow PBEM] Chapter II - Of War and Prophecy - Bongo's Second Big Adventure

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Wed Dec 15 12:57:31 PST 2004

BorgOmatic at aol.com wrote:

> [Bongo]
>
> Bongo sends a telepathic message to Phaeton.  *Do not be alarmed,
> Phaeton, but I need you to speak softly and quickly for time is short
> and the guards may hear you.  Who is your friend there, what is your
> purpose aboard this ship, and what do you know of the Captain?*
>
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Phaeton's eyes, half-closed, suddenly widen. In less than a heartbeat,
the tattooed man is on his feet, his hands held ready to land a blow.

"Who are you?" he asks quietly, but urgently. "What do you want?" His
agitation quickly passes, and for a moment his eyes seem to roll back
into his head. He says "I understand.", but it doesn't seem he's
speaking to Bongo.

*This man, as near as I can determine, is an ally of mine, though I do
wish he had told me that before tonight.* Phaeton says, though his mouth
does not move. *I will say no more of this now, not even in this manner
of speech. There is one other on the ship, though I do not know the
individual's identity... yet.*

*I cannot reveal my purpose yet.* he continues, *I dare not. The Captain
cannot any longer be trusted, and what allies he may have I cannot yet
determine. I must get off this ship now. The Captain means to avoid
Dublin by sailing right around Ireland, at a great delay, but to a
destination which I doubt I, or you, would ever leave from. I am certain
that he does this under instruction, and that the arrival of your people
is what has triggered this. My quest will fail if I do not get off this
ship.*

mightymartianca at alberni.net