[Taocow PBEM] Chapter II - Of War and Prophecy - Bongo's Astral Journey (Private)

BorgOmatic at aol.com BorgOmatic at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 07:00:05 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/30/04 12:18:10 AM, mightymartianca at alberni.net writes:

> > OOC: I'll leave it up to you to decide whether Bongo returns to his
> > companions, or does some more sniffing around.
>
> OOC: Whoops!  Meant that to be private.  Oh well!  Bongo would have told
> everyone, I'm sure :-)

OOC: Loose lips may sink ships, but in this case you merely saved me the
trouble of cutting and pasting... ;)   Stoopid of me though -- I need to remember
to act as if Bongo is still visible and actually sneak around when in astral
form.

[Bongo]
Upon hearing the captain order 'Silbran' to go check up on the group, Bongo
figures that he's been 'outed' by Captain Eyeball somehow and rather than
sniffing around any further decides to return to his companions.   He makes his
astral way back down to his body as fast as possible and opens his eyes to see if
he's made it back before the captain's goon.

Assuming he's made it back before Silbran, he relates what he's seen and
heard to those present, including the captain's possible discovering Bongo
eavesdropping.

If Arden is with them in the cabin, Bongo will withhold the captain's
suspicions about him for the moment.   Otherwise Bongo will include that information
as well.   However, regardless he does make a mental note to press Arden for
information as to how he came to be with the ship and its crew after Silbran
checks in with them.

Also, after Silbran checks in (and leaves), Bongo will also divulge the
following information about the engraving on the waiter's ring:

> He turns around to look at the box and sees the engravings/symbol.
> "Hold on a minute... that's the 'House of the Wyrm' emblem.  They
> went over this at Lone Star -- they were a guild within the
> Federation of Magic way back about 30-something years ago. They
> seemed to be attracted to shrines and temples that humans and D-bees
> built after the Cataclysm -- particularly those involved with dragon
> worship, kinda like that Cult of Dragonwright you hear of every once
> in a while.  Of course the CS said that as magic users they were all
> evil as they come, but according to some of my research after
> becoming a free agent they weren't known for being really evil... or
> really good, for that matter." Bongo shrugs.

(OOC: Thank you, GM, for providing the voice of Bongo's memory...)

[/Bongo]