[Taocow PBEM] The Broken Mirror of the Past - Chapter I - Where Are We?

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Fri Oct 8 11:05:41 PDT 2004

 > [Arden]
 > He nods to the man, and heads secures his belongings to start the
climb down.
 > [/Arden]

[GM]
The sea whips furiously at Arden, tossing him around and testing his
strength and skill as a climber
[Climbing Skill Roll: 78%].  Suddenly a fierce wave leaps up and catches
Arden and before he knows it,
he's tossed into the sea.  Above him he sees the rope, with his
belongings dangling from it.
[/GM]

[Meanwhile, in the VTOL...]

 > [Bongo]
 > The dog boy coughs and sputters as he gets a second unwelcome
mouthful of sea water.  "I think
 > that's our cue to get out of here people -- Osiris, see if you can
cut Rod out of there!  Frost, can
 > you whip up a chunk of ice large enough for us to get onto?"
 >
 > He holsters his pistol and helps anyone he can in getting out of the
VTOL before getting himself out.
 > [/Bongo]

 > [Alex]
 > Once she hits the water, Alex swims for the nearest land.  Luckily
she can swim, and is able to move
 > towards the ship.

As Alex swims towards the ship, she sees Kyle's SAMAS flying far above,
and a figure dangling from
the rope.  A fierce wave comes up and for a moment she is submerged.
When she resurfaces, she sees
that the person on the rope has been swept off and is in the water.