[Taocow PBEM] The Broken Mirror of the Past - Chapter I - Where Are We?

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.com
Wed Oct 13 17:53:14 PDT 2004

Aaron Clausen wrote:

>[GM]
>Between Lady Frost's impromptu ice berg and Rod's magical flotation,
>the VTOL rises and is secured against any more water entering.  The
>tattooed man, who has been so far grim-faced and largely uncommunicative
>looks suitably impressed.
>
>"You are quite the team." he says, a wee bit of admiration leaking out.
>
>In the water, would-be rescuer Alex and her would-be rescuee Arden find
>themselves suddenly floating above the waves.  Then, pecularliarly, the
>storm stops, as if someone had turned off the switch.  The clouds begin
>to part, and the evening sun punches through.  Land, shimmering through
>a golden mist, can be glimpsed in the distance.  Alex turns to look at
>the person she was swimming towards, and it is quite obvious that it is
>an elf!
>
>Meanwhile, back in the VTOL, Bongo quickly spots a coil of rope, and in
>short order Kyle is towing the VTOL towards the ship.  A tall, gangly
>woman in a loose-fitting pilot's uniform comes out, a cut on her
>forehead and eyes boiling in rage.
>
>"Alright, we've saved your motherfraggin' asses, and the VTOL's probably
>a write-off!" she says loudly and angrily.  She turns to the tattooed
>man.  "I hope you think it's a decent trade, Phaeton.  These people
>crossing over was your dream, and steering towards that nexus was
>*your* idea."
>
>"I dreamed what I dreamed, Beverly." the tattooed man replies.  "My
>goddess would not lie."
>[/GM]

[Alex]
Alex replies after cathcing her breath, "I am sorry about the loss of
your vee-tol but thank you for saving my life and the life of my
companions." Alex then sits heavily onto the deck and says to herself,
"This is almost as bad as fighting the bugs"

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard
even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates
this duty, he establishes a precedent that will
reach to himself."
        Thomas Paine

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or Foxtrot_Xray at Hotmail.com