[Taocow PBEM] The Broken Mirror of the Past - Chapter I - Where Are We?

BorgOmatic at aol.com BorgOmatic at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 19:09:09 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/27/2004 3:15:57 PM Central Standard Time,
mightymartianca at alberni.net writes:
> > OOC: That's a really good question, and I had to go look up the
> > answer... on p. 22 of the Rifts: Lone Star book, it says that they
> > were originally introduced in 77 PA under the official name of
> > "Psi-Hounds."  The term "Dog Boys" was originally a slang term that
> > the military opposed the use of for 20 years before simply giving up
> > the fight.
>
> ooc: they were probably very rare at that time then

OOC: Didn't see Borgamatic's post until now (been very busy, grr...)  Yes, I
agree, in 80 PA, if there were any Dog Boys, they would have been a rather
small, and probably experimental group.  My hunch is that it would be
another decade before a government as paranoid as the CS would put troops
like Dog Boys into general use in the field.
OOC: Yeah, that makes sense.  All it said was that they were 'introduced,'
and that could mean just about anything.  So Bongo's a Dog Boy ahead of his
time... in more ways than one.  ^_^

Either that or he's the pooch that time forgot... lol...