[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Fri Apr 8 13:01:16 PDT 2005

> [Arden]
> Slightly confused by all that's been happening lately, he plainly, and
> quietly asks, "Is Silbran an open target?" He looks around and shrugs. "No
> matter, I guess. I do suggest we get the area cleaned up and see how much
> more... 'air'-worthiness this vessel is capable of, then finding a place
> to heave to and reassess our situation."
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Lena smiles and then says to Phaeton, "These sailors aren't enemies, they
were just following orders.  Arden's right.  We should clean things up."

"Very well," Phaeton says.  He looks to the crew.  "Scrub down this deck and
help the wounded.  Has anybody seen Baktoraz.  I am not staying aboard, so
he ought to take command until such time as you all decide what you are
going to do."
[/GM]

[OOC]
If you recall, Baktoraz was name of the lizard man at the dinner with the
Captain.  Alex also discovered with a bit of psionics that Baktoraz seemed
interested in turning in someone for profit.
[/OOC]

> [Alex]
> Alex looks for a long slim line, like what might be used for a life ring.
> Once she grabs one, she slides her helmet back on and ties the line around
> her waist. She figures that it will allow her to get back to teh ship. She
> then jumps into the water after him.

Alex falls a good ways before hitting the water, and once she gets her
bearings she starts swimming towards the receding figure.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost glances over the side of the ship towards the swimming figure, then
> lightly smacks her forehead.  "Almost forgot I threw him overboard."
>
> She turns towards the nearest crewman.  "You have rescue proceedures for
> man overboard?  Might be a good time to use them."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The crew, now snapping to Phaeton's orders to clean up the deck and begin
repairs, laugh.  "I'll warrant Silbran don't want to be caught, as he seems
to be swimming away from our lovely tub."
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> She finishes turning and looks towards Alex.  "Then we head this crate for
> Dublin.  We really don't have any other options unless you want to ride
> triumphantly into the port on an iceberg..."
>
> "Somehow I don't think that kind of attention would be good for us."
>
> She looks to her new friends left on the deck (i.e. Rod, Kyle, and Alex)
> and smiles.  "I think I've had all the fun I can stand for a few hours, so
> if someone would be kind enough to catch me, I'm going to be exhausted
> now."
>
> With no further warning,Frost shimmers and returns to human form, quietly
> slumping towards the deck and desiring nothing more than a bed for a
> while.
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Alex]
> Alex looks for a long slim line, like what might be used for a life ring.
> Once she grabs one, she slides her helmet back on and ties the line around
> her waist. She figures that it will allow her to get back to teh ship. She
> then jumps into the water after him.

Alex falls a good ways before hitting the water, and once she gets her
bearings she starts swimming towards the receding figure.
[/GM]

> [Rod Black]
> "I think we should bring him back on deck, and ask him some questions, he
> may be able to illuminate the situation a litte more...  Kyle?  You be
> able to grab him with you SAMAS?"
> [/Rod Black]

> [Kyle]
> Kyle looks at the swimming man and smile "Are you sure you want him?"
>
> Kyle looks to his SAMAS and back to the water, then at Rod.
>
> "OK I'll go and get him, before something eats him."
>
> Kyle then walks slowly over to his SAMAS and suits up.  Hits his jets and
> sets off at sea level buzzing the swimmer a few times then grabbing him
> and will bring him back on deck.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
As Alex swims towards the man, she see's Kyle's SAMAS fly overhead and grab
the man, and bring him back on deck.  A few crew members lend Alex a hand
and help back on deck.

The man, Silbran, is standing there, wet and fearful.  For a moment, he
looks ready to jump for the runesword laying on the deck.

Phaeton turns to Rod.  "What did you want to ask this man, before he gets
dragged down to the hold?"
[/GM]

[Meanwhile below decks in the Captain's cabin, we meet up with Bongo and
Osiris again...]

[Bongo]
"What have you got there, Osiris?" Bongo asks, glancing down at the piece of
paper.  "Hmmm... Lat.36n Long.81w.  You know, that sure looks like latitude
and longitude.  I'm no expert navigator, but..."

Bongo starts casting his eyes around the room, looking for any kind of
charts or maps.  He founds several, but almost all are navigational, and
show little if any land."

"I bet Rod or somebody has some good maps of North America." he says.  "I
think this is got to be along the east coast, maybe near the dinosaur
swamps.  Come on!"

With Osiris in tow, Bongo makes his way back up on deck, where everyone
(except Frost who has gone below decks) is waiting for Rod to ask Silbran
some questions.  "Does anybody have a map of North America?" he asks
breathlessly.  "I think we might have found something!"
[/Bongo]

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/