[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Sun Apr 10 21:00:21 PDT 2005

>> [GM]
>> As Alex swims towards the man, she see's Kyle's SAMAS fly overhead and
>> grab
>> the man, and bring him back on deck.  A few crew members lend Alex a hand
>> and help back on deck.

> Alex catches her breath from the swim as she sits on the deck. After a
> moment, she takes off her helemet and states, "Thank you, I did not think
> about going after him and the Sam but just reacted."

"'Tis alright, m'lady." one of the sailors says.  "Even though it be
Silbran, it's good to see ye are decent folk."

>> Phaeton turns to Rod.  "What did you want to ask this man, before he gets
>> dragged down to the hold?"

> Alex replies, "I have a question" and turns towards the man, "Why did you try
> and escape" while using telepathy to listen to his mind at the same time.

The man stammers, and his surface thoughts reveal fear and anger.  There is
also the clear intent to deceive.

"I guess I was just, um, a little confused." he says, while he fidgets.
"You know, hitting the water must have dazed me.  That's all."

One thing that the others can guess, and Alex knows for sure now is that the
man is lying.  Alex senses a man prepared for any violence, and to something
in his left pant pocket.
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> Musing on the past few hours events and his own personal past, his eyes
> glaze over slightly in deep contemplation. Then, snapping rigidly to an
> almost military attention, his eyes dart around, searching for Phaeton.
> When he sees him, Arden will stride purposefully towards him. "Phaeton! I
> need to speak with you in private."
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Phaeton tears himself away from the conversation between Silbran and Alex
and walks over to Arden.  He turns to the others.  "I will return in a
moment.  Watch that man.  He may be a murderer."  With that he leads Arden
aside.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/