[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VI: Whence The Lizard Man?

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Wed Aug 17 12:48:57 PDT 2005

OOC: Wow, you guys almost don't need a GM! <chortles>

> [Amanda Connors]
> Every good reporter knew when an interview was going nowhere.  She
> moves forward and takes hold of Talas' arm, pulling him back gently,
> but with a strength that far exceeded what she looks capable of.
>
> To the shopkeeper, she smiles as charmingly as she can  "He borrowed
> some of my lipstick and I really need it back."
> [/Amanda Connors]

[GM]
The shopkeeper looks very confused and says, "Well, if you will excuse
me, I really must be getting to things."
[/GM]

> [Amanda Connors]
> Without dropping the smile, she quietly speaks to the rest of the
> group.  "Guys, we should go before we scare the nice man anymore."
> [/Amanda Connors]

[Bongo]
Bongo, being pulled back by Amanda as well, nods in agreement.  He shrugs
at the shopkeeper.  "We're not as crazy as we look, honest."
[/Bongo]

> [Talas]
> Leaning slightly in toward Amanda, Talas says "Yes I agree Lady
> Amanda. This young man will not be able to tell us anything else."
>
> Then playfully rubbing his arm, were Amanda grabbed him, he says with
> a smile "But tell me my Lady, how do you come by such strength?"
> [/Talas]

> [Amanda Connors]
> Without missing a beat Amanda replied, "Curves."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Arden]
> He looks to the shopkeeper, then to Amanda. "I agree. The poor man is
> obviously unknowing of anything else we might need to know." In
> elvish, he says to Talas, "Well, brother, we might just wish to do
> some scouting around, urban and on the outskirts, and see if he is
> gone by mundane ways or by magical ways."
> [/Arden]

> [Talas]
> In Elven Talas replies "Yes I agree brother."
> [/Talas]

> [Arden]
> He walks over to Alex and places a hand gentley on her shoulder. He
> leans in  to whisper, "We might wish to check the outskirts and ask
> around about any  aircraft or large land rovers over the last few
> days... and have our 'urban'  types continue to look around town for
> signs of where he might have gone." He looks over to Rod, then grins.
>
> He motions over to Rod. "Can I talk to you a second, my friend?"
> [/Arden]

[Rod]
Rod mumbles, "Sure, why not?"
[/Rod]

> [Alex]
> Alex nods her head, "That sounds like a plan. I have to warn you that
> I am not much of a pilot. I can fly a hover cycle alright but nothing
> much larger. I have piloted a hover jeep a fee times but never any
> large transports."
> [/Alex]

> [Amanda Connors]
> Not getting any real information from that shopkeeper, there doesn't
> seem to be much choice but to search Griz' office.  Or whatever he
> uses for that in the store.
>
> She turns to the building and examined the front door from where she
> stands, hoping it used a simple door lock instead of something more
> unusual.
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Amanda Connors]
> "You guys go ahead and see what you can find." she says.  "I think I'm
> going to look a bit closer to home."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Talas]
> "Be careful my lady and watch your back." Talas says.
> [/Talas]

> [Kyle]
> "I think it might be time to take a little walk and see if we can't
> find our friend Mr Griz. What do you think?"
> [/Kyle]

[Bongo]
"Good plan." Bongo says.  "I think Rod should stay with Lady Frost, and
the rest of us see what we can find."
[/Bongo]

[Osiris]
Osiris contemplates the situation.  "I think that I'll stick with Rod
and you, Amanda." he says.  "We don't know Griz's allegiances, and we
should at least stay in big enough numbers so that if we meet something
tough, we have a fighting chance.  All in agreement?"
[/Osiris]

[GM]
The boy, Edig, pipes up, "And what about me, ma'ams and sirs?"