[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:53:21 PST 2005

> [Talas]
> Talas comes away from the window. Looks at Lady Frost and
> "Well Ms. Connors, shall we?" And with that he heads for the stairs.
> [/Talas]

> [Lady Frost]
> "It's Frost.  Least when I look like this. Not that it matters much anymore,
> but I'd rather keep up the habit.
>
> She looks Talas over as he approaches the stairs.  As he gets within
> arms reach she reaches over and grabs his comms device without
> removing it from wherever he was holding it.  "Scuse me, I don't have
> one of these yet."
>
> ::"Guys, we've found some stairs inside that locked door up here and
> Talas and I want to check them out.  We'll try to let you catch up but
> if you hear screaming, run faster."::
>
> She lets him go and starts down the stairs.  "Oh, and Talas..  When
> I'm not in this form, it's Miss Connors, not Ms."
>
> She gives a grin and continues on.
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Talas]
> "Ouch!  My Lady the next time you need my helm I would appreciate it
> if you let me remove it myself." As Talas watches Lady Frost head
> down the stairs he gives a shrug and calls after her "But since you're
> already wearing my helmet you might as well keep it for the time."
> and then heads down the stairs after her.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Arden and Lena chuckle while Rod simply shrugs and follows behind,
muttering something about how the others outside shouldn't be
dawdling.

The stairs lead down and down, and it becomes clear after a minute
or two that they must be going underground.  The air becomes warm,
and then much warmer and finally quite hot, so that those not in
environmental armor find it very uncomfortable.

The stairs finally end at a long, winding tunnel which seems to go
even farther down.  As they round a corner, they can see reflected
in the stone of the walls a purplish light which seems to be changing
constantly in intensity.  Whatever is giving off that light also seems
to be emitting a low hum, though until someone goes further around
the corner, they won't know what it is.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/