[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <outside>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:53:13 PST 2005

> > [GM]
> > Even as Bongo turns around, suddenly he and the others outside  can hear some
> > commotion among the approaching column.  Bongo's keen  hearing can just pick
> > up someone shouting ""Escape!  A cup of wine to  the man who drags him
> > back here, dead or  alive."
> > [/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Hold on a moment," Bongo mutters.  "There seems to be some dissention among
> the ranks."  He squints, trying to see if he can make anything  out.
> [Bongo]

> > [GM]
> > Bongo can hear some movement away from the main line of marchers, some of it
> > moving a little closer towards the tower.  He can't tell how many people
> > there are, but they sound like they're spreading out into several
> > directions, obviously trying to look for someone in the thick fog.
> > [/GM]

> [Kyle]
> "Whats going on?"
>
> Kyle uses his PA optics to see if he can work out what is causing the.
> commotion
> [/Kyle]

> [Bongo]
> "They're looking for someone," Bongo says softly, so as to not interfere
> with his listening more than necessary.  "Sounds like someone did a  serious
> no-no and they want him back something awful."
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Kyle's optics do a better job than Bongo at piercing the fog.  He can easily
see that the column stretches back behind a small bluff, and that he is
looking on at least six or seven hundred people.  It is a ramshackle
collection, with everything from well-armed warriors to what look like nothing
more than peasants with staves and axes as weapons.

He can clearly see about twelve or thirteen individuals heading off the path,
and he catches glimpses of some moving close to the tower.  His infrared
detector picks up a set of footprints that come close to the tower, and end
right behind a small rise in the ground.  It seems very probable that someone
is hiding behind it, and could be looking at Kyle and the others right now!

Even as Kyle realizes this, his radio (along with Osiris's, Bongo's and Alex's)
suddenly chirps.
[/GM]

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM: