[Taocow PBEM] Chapter III - This Ain't No Luxury Liner - Lady Frost, Arden and the Big Disturbance

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Mon Feb 7 14:26:01 PST 2005

> [Arden]
> As quickly as possible, Arden finds cover behind something, and gently
> sets down the sweet girl. He whispers, "Mothers and Fathers watch over
> us..." then powers up his borrowed energy rifle, taking sights on the
> first soldier in the formation, aiming for his helmet.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Arden aims the M-120 pulse rifle, aims and fires, but misses badly,
striking some rigging.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Having opponents on two sides simply wasn't on Frost's list of fun
> things.  Someone would have to get dealt with quickly and the boys in
> the rigging were the lucky folks.  Besides, she had no clue who the
> impromptu flier was or what side he was on.  For all she knew, the
> oncoming crowd were mutineers coming to help her out.
>
> Pointing, she loosed a small burst of cold, and made it travel up the
> rigging, coating it with ice and making it as difficult to hold onto
> as possible.  If they weren't frozen to the lines, they'd slide down
> them and fall off.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The rigging, coated with ice, becomes as slippier as if it were coated with
oil.  Sailors shout, some falling off, others abandoning any hope of
firing as they hang on for dear life.  Arden and Lady Frost are still
faced, however, by a number of men.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Some part of her reminded her that she really hadn't had any sleep in
> quite a while, and she was going to pay for all this activity.
> Shaking that thought, she glanced over to see what Arden was up to and
> hoped Kyle was almost ready to help out.  This could get messy.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
As these thoughts race through Lady Frost's head, there is the loud
CRACK of thunder.  Suddenly it starts to rain in buckets, and while
this adds to the confusion, it risks melting Lady Frost's ice on the
riggings.

The sailors, needing no more prompting, open fire on Lady Frost and
Arden.  Lady Frost attempts to dodge a shot, but fails, and is
struck in her side.  Arden manages to dodge.
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> Arden throws his vibroknife towards the nearest sailor then draws
> his Wilks-Remi from his back holster, setting it to it's highest
> setting  and preparing to fire.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
The sailor sees the knife at the last moment and attempts to dodge
but trips over his own foot and falls right into the knife, which
catches him in the throat, and the knife passes right through
his neck, nearly taking his head off, and he falls lifelessly to
the deck.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Visit My Alternate Mars World Creation Project:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/alternate_mars/
Or My Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/