[Taocow PBEM] Chapter III - This Ain't No Luxury Liner

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Thu Jan 20 12:50:51 PST 2005

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost finishes her charge by plowing the door into the remaining
> guard. That should easily KO him.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The guard gets off a couple of more shots, the first hitting the door
near Frost's feet, and the other finally puncturing a hole near her
shoulder. Frost feels a bit of burning from a flesh wound.

Before the guard can shoot a third time, the door smashes into him,
knocking him flying into the hallway. Though his body armor likely
spared him from the worst of the force, he is lying quite still, either
knocked out or deciding that it's safer to play dead.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> "Kyle, with me. The rest of you, get to it. Try not to kill people if
> you can avoid it, we can sort the bad from misguided later."
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Kyle]
> "Don't kill people. Hey they didn't train me to be nice." With that
> Kyle follows Lady Frost he stays about five meters behind her and
> just to the left.
> [/Kyle]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost turned to fix the man with her gaze. "Then follow my lead. I
> kill when I have to, but I won't kill, or allow you to kill, an
> innocent person. And I said 'if possible'. I know it might not be."
>
> Frost looks down to the woman on the floor, then to Arden. "I'm
> guessing she's important to you? Get her somewhere safe and then join
> us. We should be able to take the ship, but if we can't, we'll do
> all we can to bring her with us."
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Arden]
> Without thought, he picks up the girl and carries her back into the
> room. Again, using Aura sense to check vital signs, and prepping to
> pick her up and run to his own room to gather his gear at the
> earliest opportunity.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Arden can find nothing seriously wrong, though Sense Aura will only tell
of a serious illness. Her head wound is bleeding slightly, and she is
still unconscious. With no sign of life-threatening wounds, Arden runs
to his own room to get his stuff.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost drops the door she was holding, then kicks the next door out
> with massive force. "Move!"
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
A few more shouts can be heard from the next hallway as the door clangs.

> Alex replies to Lady Frost, "Where do you want me to head for,
> bridge, machine room, or the armory?"
> [/Alex]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost rolled her eyes, a gesture lost to the others with her
> currently pupil-less eyes. "You're with Bongo, remember? You two are
> probably the stealthiest of us so you get to break our hopefully new
> friends out of the brig."
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Bongo]
> "We better shag it double time too folks," Bongo growls. "Sounds like
> the rest of the crew is on its way. They're ringing the metal stairs
> like a dinner gong."
>
> He makes his way as quickly as possible out of the immediate area on
> his way to the brig.
> [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Alex is a bit confused about who she was supposed to go but with Lady
> Frost's suggestions, she heads off towards the brig with Bongo. She
> makes sure that she has several anti-personnel grenades loaded and
> ready to disable those in the brig
> [/Alex]

> [Bongo]
> "Like Frost said, let's try to avoid killing anyone if we can," Bongo
> mutters. "Remember, the crew already think the captain's off his
> rock and if we make it known we want to be out of their way they
> might not force us to grease 'em."
>
> He shrugs. "Yeah, I know it's not likely... but it'd beat having to
> fight off an entire ship's crew if it worked even once."
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
With the hallway at least temporarily cleared of enemies, the party
makes their way; Kyle for his SAMAS, Lady Frost to create a disturbance,
Rod and Osiris to the bridge, and Arden is just walking back out into
the hallway with his gear, the girl still lying unconscious in his cabin
(though Lady Frost has made it clear she wants him with her).
[/GM]

[OOC]
Alright, because it looks like you guys are splitting up into three
parties, this is what I've got:

1. Lady Frost & Arden: On to the deck to create disturbance.  Arden's
player please let me know your intentions (no I don't mean it that way!)
with the girl.  Leave her?  Bring her?

2. Kyle: Also on to the deck, but to fetch his SAMAS.

3. Rod and Osiris: These guys are headed for the bridge.

4. Alex and Bongo: To the brig to get Phaeton.

Does this sound about right?  I just want it clear in my head, and in
all of yours, so we don't get hopelessly confused.
[/OOC]

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net