[Taocow PBEM] Chapter V: A Stranger And His Knowledge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Sat Jul 23 23:04:06 PDT 2005

> > [Bongo]
> > "I was given a lot of latitude." Bongo says.  "Of course, that also means
> > that by now, in our own time, I'd probably be shot on sight for what I've
> > done since."
> > [/Bongo]

> [Alex]
> Alex shakes her head, "I don't know. I was taught that Dogboys were not
> the equal of humans but in my scout team, it was clear how wrong that is."
> [/Alex]

[Bongo]
"If you ever made it back to 'civilization', I'm sure they would have
got that notion out of your head!" Bongo says.
[/Bongo]

> [Amanda Connors]
> "In case you haven't realized yet, your people don't seem to be oozing
> with goodwill towards they're fellow beings."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Alex]
> "Amanda, I was just a scout. I was raised in a small village near Lone
> Star. Still, I realize the 'inequities' of the Coalition and Chi-Town is
> worse than Lone Star. I would no go back although I miss my old team
> mates. I was assigned to Chi-Town from Lone Star with my team and we
> were sent on a suicide mission against the Xiticix. My LT was killed in
> thht mission." The young scout's face looks a bit bitter. She adds,
> "Yes, I know."
[/Alex]

[Bongo]
Bongo sighs.  "Yes, no matter how much the Coalition says you are
superior over Dog Boys, the fact is that we're all railgun fodder at
the end of the day."
[/Bongo]

[...]

> > [GM]
> > Phaeton finally grabs a plate and a small amount of food.  "I agree." he
> > says to Kyle.  "I don't have any idea, other than getting back on the
> > ship.
> > The problem is that the Harbor Master, kindly fellow that he is, may not
> > want us coming back."
> > [/GM]

> [Arden]
> "Well, Phaeton, if the harbormaster has an issue, then perhaps we
> could...  work them out." He looks tired and slightly irritable. "We
> do need to pick a direction and move with it..." he looks around "...
> so, let us, as a team, choose what we shall do next. If we have any
> leads on where this Temple lies, then we should head that way, for
> finding this temple is our highest priority." He shrugs and takes a
> bite of an apple, smiling a bit at the sweetness.
> [/Arden]

> [Alex]
> Alex says, "The only solution I can come up with is sneaking back
> onboard during the night. Still, I don't know how the crew will react
> to us. If we could aquire a slightly smaller ship, does anyone have
> any skills with them?"
> [/Alex]

> [Amanda Connors]
> "Nope, no sailing skill, not on a big ocean going thing anyways.
> Guarantee I can keep her afloat. Harbor Master would probably be glad
> to see us leave though."
>
> <<to Bongo>>  "Down Boy, I'll let you look it over later.  Long as you
> promise not to break it.  I'm guessing Radio Shack went out of
> business at least a few decades ago."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Alex]
> Alex just shakes her head
> [/Alex]

[Bongo]
Bongo puts on a mock pouty face.  "No one ever lets me have any fun!
And yes, I would imagine it's been more than a few decades since anyone
built anything like that.  I wonder if Rod could copy the data over.  I'll
bet there's some really interesting stuff stored on that computer."
[/Bongo]

> [Talas]
> Talas looks at the group and says "Excuse me but I just have two
> questions. First; My lady Alex what do you mean by your Time? And
> secondly; My I assume that your questioning of Mr. Griz back in the
> shop, came to not?"
>
> "It just seems like something that should be investigated. A lizard
> man named Griz in the book. And a lizard man named Griz in the shop. I
> thought you were questioning him to see if he new anything when I
> came into the store. Am I mistaken?"
> [Talas]

> [Amanda Connors]
> "She means they're from the future, I'm from the past, and we're all
> in deep ca-ca."  At which point she does a double take.  "Ok, now why
> didn't any of us put that together?  Anyone know if Griz is a common
> name for lizards?  If not I'm going for a little walk."
> [/Amanda Connors]

> [Rod Black]
> "I wonder... theres an aweful lot of coincidences.. Griz the guy in
> the white robe, the fact that the ship we are on, or at least its
> captain,  has a destination over here somewhere.. why are these main
> players in england if the temple is in the americas? I wish we
> went through that crewmens stuff on the ship that had the dragon
> emblem on his ring. "
> [/Rod Black]

[GM]
"Yes, we should have.  But you make a good point, Mr. Black." Phaeton
says.  "Why are so many things happening on this side of the ocean.
It seems we were all, directly or indirectly lead here, and not closer."

"I think Ms. Connors is right.  I think we should pay Griz a little
visit."

The boy, Edig, pipes up, "The shopkeeper's a bit odd.  Gives out candy
and is plenty generous around town, but says he inherited the store from
old Sean O'Hare, and my dad says that he and O'Hare didn't exactly look
like close kin."