[Taocow PBEM] Chapter V: A Stranger And His Knowledge

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Mon Jun 20 12:30:07 PDT 2005

OOC: I'd like to introduce our new player (after much delay), Troy, who is
manning the Elf, Talas.

> > [GM]
> > "Well, you made it all the way here." the shopkeeper says.  "You must have
> > learned something, eh?"

> Alex looks just a tad sad for a moment before responding. She states in
> a small voice, "Well, my Lt never taught any fools. I wonder what has
> happened to Fatalis and Davros?" musing to herself.
> [/Alex]

OOC: For our new player's benefit, Alex is the red-haired woman talking to
the shopkeeper.

[GM]
"Lost friends." the shopkeeper nods.  "I've had my share.  It's our lot in
life, I'm afraid."

> > The Elf turns to Lena and says "Hello again Lena,  friend of Arden Leaf
> > Stalker."
> >
> > Lena giggles.  "Hello there Talas."
> >
> > The elf then scans the room.  Then he turns back to Arden and in Elvish
> > says "I am sorry to hear of the loss of your clan. But if this eclectic
> > group that our travel with are true friends then perhaps you are on your
> > way to finding a new clan."
> >
> > Then, in American again, he says "Perhaps there is something that you
> > can help me with. I am looking for an ancient ruined temple that is
> >  surrounded by hundreds of columns that are as wide and as tall as great
> > trees. Have you hears of such a place on this island? I am hoping to
> > find a man with red eyes there."
> >
> > Phaeton's eyes go wide and his face becomes pale.
> > [/GM]

> [Arden]
> Arden widens his eyes slightly, then grins what could only be called an 'evil'
> grin. In elvish, he says, "Well, maybe I am on my way to finding a new clan.
> I have known these others for a short time, but I trust them. Especially him
> (pointing to Phaeton)." In American, "I believe I know of whom you speak.
> Phaeton?" Arden nods. "I think he knows, too.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
The tattooed man clears his throat.  "Indeed." he says.  "But this is not
the place to speak of it."
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> He looks a little distant and his eyes glaze over for a moment, then he
> nods. In elvish he says, "The Temple of Rath-Iren... What do you know of
> it?" For any who don't speak Elvish, you might notice the barely hidden
> sense of wrath at the uttering of the last phrase.
> [/Arden]

> [Alex]
> Alex looks surprised but does not really go pale. She looks over at
> Phaeton and it is clear in her eyes that she wants to know what started
> Phaeton so much. She runs towards the stange elf and asks, "So tell me
> what is the name of this ruined temple?"

Now the entire room focuses on the Elf, Talas.  Even the shopkeeper, despite
trying to look busy counting gemstones, is leaning forward.
[/GM]

[Bongo]
Bongo whispers something into his comm.
[/Bongo]

OOC: For the new player, Bongo is the dog boy.  Your character doesn't know
yet, but just so you don't lose the thread of things too much.

[Meanwhile, outside...]

[GM]
As the boy guards the strange Elf's horse, Bongo's voice, much quieter,
comes through on Kyle's radio.  "I think you better get in the shop, Kyle."

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/