[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Derek McCullough derekm617 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:12:04 PST 2005


[Arden]
Looking shaken, he looks over towards Phaeton and raises his eyebrows. "My
friend, if that isn't the biggest understatement of the year, I certainly
don't know what is." Then, with a gleam in his eye, he says in a southern
drawl, "What do you suggest, Pilgrim?" With that, he starts to help Lena to
her feet, offering his shoulder for support should she need it.
[/Arden]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Aaron Clausen" <mightymartianca at alberni.net>
To: "The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM" <taocowpbem at zork.net>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 5:13 PM
Subject: [Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle


> OOC: Sorry for the delay.  I've been pretty sick, still feeling pretty
> rough.  Anyways, I'm rejoining the posts together.
>
> > > [Bongo]
> > > "I think we better get up top, Alex." Bongo says.  "It sounds like
they
> > > need our help, and I wouldn't bet on our friend staying gone for
long."
> > > [/Bongo]
>
> > > [Phaeton]
> > > "I will meet you two up on deck." Phaeton says.  "I must get something
> > > from my quarters.
> > > [/Phaeton]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex replies, "Rodger," and runs up the way up to the upper decks.
> > [/Alex]
>
> [Bongo]
> Bongo follows Alex, keeping an eye out for any trouble.
> [/Bongo]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex radios to the others (using a pre-programmed scramble), "This is
> > Hawk, the package downstairs has been retrieved. We are on out was back
> > up, where do you want us to head?"
> > [/Alex]
>
> > [Kyle]
> > "Lets get this tub under control and head for the nearest port."
> > [/Kyle]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex realizes that her message was not understood and replies, "I need
to
> > know where we are needed right now, who needs help?"
> > [/Alex]
>
> [Osiris]
> As Osiris prepares to attack he shouts into his mic, "We could use some up
> here, Alex!"
> [/Osiris]
>
> > [Lady Frost]
> > Frost reaches the scene and quickly appraises things.  She pauses,
waiting
> > for an opportune moment, then leaps at the green clothed man attempting
to
> > land on his back and tackle him.
> >
> > "Looked like you could use a hand Osiris.  Let me know if I'm
> > interrupting."
> > [/Lady Frost]
>
> [Osiris]
> Osiris laughs as he feints to the left and then pivots the sword and
> attempts to sink it through the chinguard of the armored opponent.
> [/Osiris]
>
> [GM]
> The man tries to parry, and even in his obviously bad state nearly
manages,
> but Osiris's blow hits its mark and it pierces through.
> [/GM]
>
> > [Rod Black]
> > Rods next target as soon as he gets up, is the swordsman's sword hand in
an
> > attempt to knock the sword out of his hand.
> > [/Black, (and blue), Rod Black (and blue)]
>
> [GM]
> At that same moment Rod aims his own blow and hits the sword hand.  Even
as
> the thunderclap booms, Rod feels the shattering of bones.  The black sword
> falls to the ground, the armored man collapses to his knees, and with a
> final moan falls over.
> [/GM]
>
> [Osiris]
> Osiris pulls his psi-sword out of the chin, and the faceplate of the
helmet
> disintegrates, revealing the Captain, his beard stained even redder with
> blood.  The psi-sword had pierced the chin and come up beneath the nose.
> [/Osiris]
>
> > [Arden]
> > Meanwhile Arden leans over to Lena. "What do you mean dream? And, no, of
> > course I wouldn't leave you behind. I save all I can. especially those
who
> > are kind to me." This he says with a smile tempered with pain. "Help me
> > show these jokers where to stand." With a grin, he looks over to where
> > Lady Frost is running, wondering if maybe they might need some
additional
> > help.
> > [/Arden]
>
> [GM] Even as Lena seems ready to tell something of her dream, Arden looks
up
> and sees the green-armored knight struck by both Osiris and Rod, and the
> black sword fall to the deck with a clang, and it hums briefly before the
> lighted runes fade.  At that same moment Alex and Bongo run up on deck and
> Kyle swings overhead.
>
> Suddenly Lena screams and points beyond Arden.  "Arden!  He was in my
> dream."
>
> Standing atop the ruined anti-aircraft gun is a white-robed figure,
> white-skinned with pink eyes.  Alex and Bongo immediately recognize him as
> the man they just battled downstairs, and both Arden and Rod have looks of
> recognition on their face.  Then suddenly the man is gone.
>
> At that moment Phaeton runs on deck, a backpack on his back and a single
> knife strapped to his leg.  He looks to the sailors, and then back to the
> company.  "They shall cause you no further harm, but I think it best if we
> leave as soon as we can."
> [/GM]
>
> -- 
> Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
>
> Palladium Rifts PBEM:
> http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/
>
> _______________________________________________
> Taocowpbem mailing list
> Taocowpbem at zork.net
> http://zork.net/mailman/listinfo/taocowpbem
>




More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list