[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IV: The Emerald Isle

Paul Groeneveld delthin_x at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 23:17:50 PST 2005

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at alberni.net> wrote:
> > [Lady Frost]
> > Frost gives the captain a nudge.  "Great, now we
> can't ask HIM what's
> > going on."
> > [/Lady Frost]
>
> > [Arden]
> > Looking shaken, he looks over towards Phaeton and
> raises his eyebrows. "My
> > friend, if that isn't the biggest understatement
> of the year, I certainly
> > don't know what is." Then, with a gleam in his
> eye, he says in a southern
> > drawl, "What do you suggest, Pilgrim?" With that,
> he starts to help Lena
> > to her feet, offering his shoulder for support
> should she need it.
> > [/Arden]
>
> [GM]
> Lena smiles at Arden, and Arden senses a new emotion
> from the young woman,
> one which may or may not spell trouble for the Elf.
> Phaeton looks at the
> two of them, a distant and inscrutable look on his
> face.
> [/GM]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex looks at Rod and Arden and asks, "Who or what
> the hell was that?" Her
> > helmet prevents anyone from see her expression but
> it would seem that
> > there is an edge of suspicion in her voice.
> > [/Alex]
>
> > [Lady Frost]
> > Lady Frost walks towards the gathering group and
> motions to Alex.  "What
> > she said, but there's one more thing I want to
> know right now.  Does
> > anyone here that we can trust know how to pilot
> this crate into a nearby
> > port?  And are there even any ports nearby to get
> into?"
> >
> > She looks over the expressions of her new found
> friends, then grins.  "Ok,
> > so it was two things.  I'd say 'sue me', but you'd
> have a hard time
> > finding a small claims court."
> > [/Lady Frost]
>
> [GM]
> Phaeton points to the coast.  "Dublin is not more
> than fifteen miles south
> of here.  It would not take us long to get there."
> [/GM]
>
> [Bongo]
> "It looked a lot like that weird-looking guy we
> battled with in the hold."
> Bongo says, looking quizically at Arden.  "Do you
> know anything about this
> fellow, Arden?"
> [/Bongo]
>
> > [Rod Black]
> > Looking intrigued, Rod says "That's one of the
> guys that were in that
> > ancient camera we found in the chest.  It would be
> interesting to see the
> > camera before its too old to remove the pictures
> from it, I wonder where
> > his belongings are. "
> > [/Rod Black]
>
> [Bongo]
> "We didn't get a chance to talk about that." Bongo
> says.  "I've got the
> [...]

[Rod Black]
Rod procedes with describing the 3 pictures in the
camera again, as it has been hectic when he described
them last

---description of photos---
There are three, one is of a building, looking like a
temple. The
picture is indistinct, almost as if the picture was
taken through thick
glass. Large columns can be seen, supporting a roof
that looks to be
made of solid granite. Around the temple, as far as
can be seen, is a
wasteland littered with tree trunks, large boulders
and swamp. It's
hard
to make out due to the deterioration of the memory,
but it seems almost
as if someone is standing in front of the temple, a
tiny figure, which
if man-size, means the building is huge.

The next shot, though it must be separated from the
temple picture by
dozens of others, seems to be taken from the top of a
cliff. Below are
number of men on horses, one of which has skin nearly
as white as snow.
The others are an ugly looking bunch, possibly some
sort of mercenaries
by the lack of uniforms but the large numbers of
weapons on their
person. The white-skinned man carries only a sword,
and runes can be
made out on it.

The third shot is the least-well preserved of the
three. It is only a
few shots away from the one with the white-skinned
man. It seems to be
of the mouth of a cave. Within there is a bright red
glow. Someone,
possibly a woman, is standing off to the side, with
what could be a key
in her hand. The image is too badly scrambled to make
out any more.
---end of description---

Rod then says what about the fellow who was removed
from the dining room during dinner in a most
suspitious manner? we should ask him some questions.
he may know something as his ring bears the same
emblem as the one in the trunk we found. heck he may
even be the original owner of the ring"

[/Rod Black]

ooc: bloody yahoo sighned me out in the middle of my
reply so if this is a duplicate, forgive me, as rod is
but a midget.

Carried away by expectation     |Paul Groeneveld
       only to be let down      |
          by the release        | delthin_x at yahoo.com