[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Tue Oct 18 12:47:31 PDT 2005

> > [GM]
> > "This place gives me the creeps." Lena says.  "Are you sure this is the
> > way that lizard guy went, Mr. Jones?  You know what I'd like?  To hole
> > up for the night and continue on in the morning.  You could miss your
> > own hand in this fog."
> >
> > As if one queue, a gust of wind blows the mists beyond the pillars to
> > shreds, revealing a stone path and what appears to be a half-collapsed
> > stone house.  A small tower can be seen just beyond it when the wind
> > ends and the mists return.
>
> > "What of this?" Phaeton asks.  "The girl is right, and this place
> > certainly looks abandoned.  I am tired myself.  Or we can go on.  What
> > say the rest of you?"
> > [/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Please, ma'am -- call me Bongo," Bongo says to Lena with a grin.   "Mr.
> Jones sounds a bit too lofty for a Dog Boy."
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Lena giggles.  "Okay, Bongo." she says with a wide grin.
[/GM]

> [Bongo]
> Bongo frowns as he looks over the path ahead.   "I'm not excited about
> losing more time on Griz... but it's likely he would have had to stop for
> the night too.  Let's go ahead and hunker down tonight; I can put the rest
> to good use and do a bit more astral scouting of the area."
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Phaeton nods.  "Your abilities have stood us in good stead so far." he says.
[/GM]

> [Arden]
> Arden looks around at the dark landscape and shrugs. "We do need to rest
> sometime, and this seems as good of a place as any. If we do stay, we need
> to set up some sort of watch rotation and a permime..." He trails off,
> looking around at all the military personnel. He coughs and grins. "Well,
> if there are no objections... let's get to it." He looks around, seeking
> approval.
> [/Arden]

> [Talas]
> "I agree kins-man we need to rest. If I may be so bold. I would recommend
> that we leave the establishment of a perimeter to those of us with
> military experience. And that those of us that are familiar with the
> mystic arts do what we can to also secure the encampment."
> [/Talas]

> [Osiris]
> "well looks like we are going to shack up for the night, if anyone still
> feels up to it I wanna check out the surrounding area before we rest up
> for the night. Alex I might need your expertise on this...."
>
> Osiris plans to scout out the surrounding area and then then set up some
> booby-traps (with flares) just on the most likely lines of approach to the
> house, incase anyone plans to creep up on the team at night.
> [/Osiris]

> [Alex]
> Alex looks at the time to see how much daylight that is left before
> replying.

Despite it being summer, twilight, if there is any, is hidden behind the
mists.  It is very dark, without even a moon to light the way ahead.

> "I have trained extensively in night maneuvers. I will follow the
> consensus of the group but I think a wiser choice might be to travel as
> long as possible to get as much distance as possible from our friends
> behind us.
> [/Alex]

> [Kyle]
> "I agree with Alex, I think we should push on for a while longer and then
> try and find a less obvious place to rest.  Anyone following us with local
> knowledge might know about this place and it seems like an obvious place
> to set up a camp.  That alone would make us vulnerable."
> [/Kyle]

OOC: Apologies to Lady Frost and Rod's players.

[Rod Black]
Rod merely mumbles.  "If we stay we could be attacked.  If we could be
attacked.  I'd like some time to work on my... stuff.  I'll go with what the
others say."
[/Rod Black]

[Lady Frost]
Lady Frost thinks for a moment.  "If Bongo can check ahead with his
abilities, then we won't lose Griz after all.  None of us has had much
sleep.  I'll take first watch, and Kyle can do it with me.  Then we'll say
Osiris and Phaeton for the next, Rod and Alex for the one after that and
Talas and Arden after that.  At two hours each that should get us through
the night.  Bongo, if you'll do your magic, or whatever you call it, then
you can get some sleep."
[/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Lady Frost leads the way through the pillars, and despite some mutterings
from Lena that dark things must surely wait on the other side, nothing
stirs.

Phaeton eyes the stone house and tower now coming into view again.  "I will
check out this house, if a couple of you will come with me.  The rest of you
should check the parameter.  Alex, Kyle and Bongo, I gather you all have
military experience.  Perhaps you should, as Masters Arden and Talas has
suggested, set up some sort of perimeter."

Phaeton awaits the answers of the rest of the company.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/