[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VI: Whence The Lizard Man?

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Wed Sep 7 12:43:03 PDT 2005

OOC: Sorry about the delays.  A day later than I even promised :-(

> [Talas]
> Talas uses his powers to make his body hardier, and then stops in front of
> the ogre that winked at him and says "I am tracking a demon.  Let us
> pass!"
> [/Talas]

[GM]
The two ogres laugh.  "A demon, aye?" the cigar-chomping ogre says
derisevely.  "P'raps he'll pay your passage."  Neither one gets out of the
way.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas grabs the ogre [Strike 8+2=10, ogre's Dodge 9] and throws him into
> his friend.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Both ogres fall to the ground.

> Alex points her JA-12 rifle towards one of the Ogre guards while stepping
> back. While the armor clearly shows that her form is female, the
> camouflage armor removes any identity. She brings up the volume in the
> speaker in her armor, "You need to rethink any adventures. You don't look
> that tough."
> [/Alex]

> [Osiris]
> Seeing that the situation is fast becoming a fight that they do not need,
> Osiris steps infront of of the ladies and looks at the Ogres.  "Gentlemen,
> that is no way to speak to a lady. We have no quarrel with you as our
> business is elsewhere. So would you please step aside and we will be on our
> way."
>
> Osiris readies his mind to will his psi-sword into his hands just in case
> these guys wanna fight and eyes them quickly to see if he can spot any
> weak points or chinks in their armor.
> [/Osiris]

[GM]
The two ogres don't appear to want this fight.  Both shuffle backwards on
their behinds.

"Go then!" one barks.  "The faeries will 'ave their way with you all!"

Phaeton looks with no small admiration on his new companions.  He leans down
to both of them.  "I know at least one of your names, my fine friends." he
says in a voice so threatening it makes even his compatriots quake.  "If you
betray us, we will find you, and between us, we'll find a suitable
punishment."

Phaeton turns back to the company.  "Let us go.  We have little time to
lose, and I suspect our welcome in this city has just about reached its
end."

The company heads out of the gates.  The road leads up a lightly wooded hill
that shows no signs of habitation, other than the well-kept road itself.  As
you reach the crown of the hill, Lena looks behind and cries in fear.
"Look, there are a bunch of horsemen coming after us!"

True to her word, there are at least six horsemen.  Kyle's keen optics
reveal that two are humans (or at least very human-like), two are ogres and
one is an orc.  They are lead by a very tall figure on a very large robot
horse.  The figure is at least seven and a half feet tall, wearing blood-red
armor and a white skull cap that, well, looks like the skull of some
horribly mutated creature.  The figure's face is fat and pink, with ugly
purple blemishes on it.  All looked well-armed, with the enormous leader
carrying a rail gun.  Kyle estimates that they'll reach the company's
position in about five minutes.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/