[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VI: Whence The Lizard Man?

Eric Tan erictanis1979 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 20:23:04 PDT 2005

[Orisis]

The CK nods in approval at Kyle's idea and suggests "Sounds like solid plan, lets get set up then."

As soon as the topic of who will act as bait comes up Osiris raises his hand and volunteers himself for the task but hearing Lena suggest Amanda, he speaks up "Can have the lady out there by herself , can we now. " With a jestering gesture he moves up next to  Amanda and offers his arm to the lady."Shall we?"

[/Osiris]

ooc - Aaron how much damage has my armor sustained so far? btw i forgot did we all go up a level before?

Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at alberni.net> wrote:
> [Arden]
> Arden laughs out loud. "Figures... well, I suggest a tactical retreat, at
> least until we reach a place to send a couple of these individuals to the
> Nine Hells. What do you think?" Without much thought, he loads up his
> energy rifle with a fresh clip and an grin lies on his face as he runs
> near Phaeton and Lena.
> [/Arden]

[GM]
Phaeton nods. "I agree with your assessment. Perhaps we might even be able
to avoid a fight completely. Killing them might make return very
difficult."
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Solemnly Talas says "Aye friend. We need to find ground to our liking. But
> I would prefer not to send any one to an erly grave, if we can help it."
> Then he pulls out his own rail gun.
> [/Talas]

> [Alex]
> Alex points her rifle at the distant targets, "I think it might be best if
> we take them at long range." She looks through the scout of her juicer
> rifle and sees if she can figure out what kind of rail gun this person is
> carrying in the skull cap.

It isn't quite recognizable, but appears to be of Triax manufacture.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas casts Sense Evil to see if there is a preferred target in the area.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Either the riders are still too distant, or there is no supernatural evil
nearby.
[/GM]

> [Kyle]
> "I dont fancy fighting these guys in the open." Kyle then scans the are
> using his military training to look for a good defensive position. Once
> he pinpoints the best he will suggest to the group to head for it. He
> will load up his JA-11 and head off to the best defensive position. "I
> would prefer to find out what these guys want before we draw down on them
> so don't get to trigger happy ladies and gents."
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
Kyle scans the area. The land slopes down to the east and west, but
continues as a ridge to the north and south. Perhaps a quarter mile away is
a thick knot of dark trees, some sort of evergreens, which make up the only
substantial cover for several miles. Farther to the north Kyle can see what
looks like the edge of a large forest of oaks and willows, and at the very
limit of his enhanced visual systems, what looks to be a tremendously
gigantic tree sitting atop a leyline. But this forest must be at least
twenty miles away, and for those on feet, it would take far too much time.

> The Ex-Coalition wilderness scout nods her head in seeing agreement. She
> states, "Probably be best then if we have one of us to speak with them
> while the rest of us find concealment, ready to support if needed. I
> suspect though that it it looks like a rose, it is a rose."

Lena speaks up, "I say Amanda! She's tough and can at least slow 'em down."