[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:30:32 PDT 2006

> [Kyle]
> "Damn this to hell, are we in the shit now." Using a direct radio signal
> to Alex Kyle says. "Alex get the rest of the team out of her.  They may
> not have seen you guys yet.  I will try and catch up."
>
> Kyle then switches to an a direct Communication to the Enforcer.  "This
> is captain Martian Lanceiny, of the 32nd Airborne on Special Assignment.
> Stand down you are interfering in an Top Secret investigation return
> to you patrol."  Kyle switches of his radio and says to him self,  "They
> always said my mouth would get me into trouble again."
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
There's a pause at the other end, and then the speaker, sounding slightly
less sure, gets back on.

"I'm gonna have to, uh, check on this one." he says, betraying the slightest
bit of nervousness.  "We've got nothing from HQ about this.  I'll need you to
land, sir.  In the meantime, we'll round up those freekss you must be chasing."

> Alex knows how to follow orders....she states to everybody, "Lets get
> out of here quickly. She will attempt to lead them through a hidden
> course to escape."
> [/Alex]

> > [Lena]
> > In the middle of all of this Lena cries out "Has anybody seen Osiris?"
> > [/Lena]

> [Talas]
> Upon hearing Lena's question Talas stops, turns around and tries to
> spot Osiris.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Osiris is nowhere to be seen.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas will heads back to look for him.
> [/Talas]

[Rod]
"Is everybody itching to fight these guys?" Rod shouts over his shoulder.
[/Rod]

> [Ted]
> "We've lost him again?"
> [/Ted]

OOC: It appears that everyone is either busy or has their hands full.

[Lena]
"He can't have gone far." Lena replies.  "He's an old man, after all."
[/Lena]

> [Bongo]
> "Great, just slaggin' great..." Bongo groans as he smacks his  forehead.
> "Here we are, in one of the most hostile places known to man, facing some
> of the most hostile FORCES known to man thanks to Kyle's hotdogging,
> with an over-pierced elf woman tagging along, and now our resident Cyber-Knight
> is  apparently having a senior moment!"
>
> He quickly sniffs around for Osiris' scent while attempting to stragetically
> withdraw to the hover truck.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
After a few sniffs, Bongo picks up Osiris's scent.  It appears that
the Cyberknight
is headed somewhere near the Enforcer.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> "Bongo, grab the bus and herd the others to McGuane Park.  Follow Rod.
> I'll find Osiris.  Hell, I'll go rescue Kyle too."
>
> Frost turned and races back across the area heading for the last place she
> saw Osiris and preparing to tear into a wannabe-battlemech.
>
> "I'm a superhero after all.  Doing stupid shit is what we're best at."
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Lady Frost, Angelica and Alex rush back to Kyle's position.  Alex hears
the conversation between Kyle and and the CS comm officer, and realizes
that Kyle is at least part of the way towards conning them.

Suddenly a booming voice comes from the Enforcer.  "You are trespassing
on Coalition territory.  Please immediately throw down all weapons and stand
in one place.  Comply immediately or you will be fired upon."

As the Enforcer is booming out its warning, Bongo, Talas and Ted spy
something on a roof top close to the enforcer.  It looks like an old man
creeping along, sword in one hand, and some small black object in
the other.

But other troubles are coming.  Alex, Lady Frost and Angelica now see
ground forces approaching, at least four or five Dead Boys along with
two Dog Boys, one of which is looking up at the roof just beside the
Enforcer.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/