[Taocow PBEM] OOC: Holy $#!%

April Mead kathayindreams at msn.com
Thu Apr 27 10:58:22 PDT 2006

>From: "Aaron Clausen" <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
>To: "The Tao of Cow Rifts PBEM" <taocowpbem at zork.net>
>Subject: Re: [Taocow PBEM] OOC: Holy $#!%
>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:51:55 -0700
>
>On 4/27/06, April Mead <kathayindreams at msn.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, an't it great?! They did catch the guy and went to court. Jackass
> > basically got a slap on the wrist for it.
> > There is a thread in the forum about it. I thinks it's under the 'Save
> > Palladium Books thread.
>
>I don't have all the background.  Do we know who it was that ripped
>the company off?  It also sounds like some of Kevin Simbieda's
>personal belongings were stolen as well.
>
>You know, I fully expected that eventually Palladium would either just
>sort of fade away or be bought out, I didn't expect them to collapse
>due to something like this.  Bloody pity too.  I haven't been a big
>fan of a lot of the later stuff, but I can tell you that the first
>time I rolled up a character for TMNT, I thought this was the kewlest
>roleplaying game in the world.  I remember my brother telling me about
>Rifts after he read about it in Dragon magazine, and we both went down
>to the local hobby store to grab our copies.  It was like a sacred
>tome, and even though I've played other games over the years, Rifts
>just keeps dragging me back.
>
>If the company does fold, I hope whoever buys up the product doesn't
>just butcher it into yet another D20 beast.

I don't remember the guys name, but he did work for Palladium Books. If I
understand corectly, he was one of the original people that help get
Palladium off the ground and one of Keven's best buddies. I hope they pull
through, cause I don't want to see it truned into a D20 beast or see the
prices get real unreasonable, like WW did.