[Taocow PBEM] OOC: Holy $#!%

BorgOmatic at aol.com BorgOmatic at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 09:16:56 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/28/2006 6:56:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com writes:

But has  anyone seen anything from Mr. Siembieda about
Palladium closing it's  doors?  To my knowledge, no.
Companies have survived this sort of  thing before and
very few of them had a loyal base of  customers/fans
willing to donate money to help them stay  afloat.

Uhm... actually, Siembieda has indeed mentioned the possibility of closing
down Palladium.  Here are a few excerpts from his "open letter:"

- "It is a blow from which Palladium cannot recover. At least, not without
YOUR help. "
- "Treachery and skullduggery from within threatens to put us out of
business."
- "Time and time again, each person I spoke to would be stunned by the news
that Palladium was facing the possibility of closing its doors soon. "
- "Without a shot in the arm of some big cash, and fast, I fear Palladium  is
gone."

Here is the link to the entirety of his "open letter" (not to mention a LOT
of resulting discussion):
_http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=57048_ (http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=57048)

I have been told by a friend that they raised $100K in 4 days.  Don't  know
how recent that is, but it's beginning to sound a lot like the end of "It's  A
Wonderful Life."  :)

And yes, I do plan on ordering a print once my checks start coming  in.