[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond...

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 18:30:59 PST 2006

> [Rod]
> Rod sighs.  "We know that.  But this time I am not
> being put asleep.  That
> little bastard nearly got us called in our dreams.
> Don't remember what the
> 'path to the left' refers to."
> [/Rod]
>
> [GM]
> Phaeton looks at Rod, and then turns back to Ted.
> "It would be well to
> answer us."
> [/GM]

[Lady Frost]

For long moments Frost just watched the passage that
their other selves had disappeared into.   She wanted
to warn them so badly she actually took a step to
follow them before catching herself and stopping.  Her
mind told her that it wouldn't help and would probably
make things worse.   That really didn't make her feel
any better about it.

They'd lost Pierre in leaving here, and lost Osiris in
returning.
She was starting to hate this new version of Chicago.

When she did speak, it was in subdued tones.  Like
she'd just been chastised with a rolled up newspaper.
  "Leave him be.  He's not from this time any more
than I am.  He's not a spy and I doubt he knows
anything more than we do about Vimakardu."

At that she put her back to the nearest wall and slid
down it into a sitting position.  She'd just wait for
the others to figure out where they were going, right
now she was done with thinking.  She hoped.

[/Lady Frost]