[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond...

BorgOmatic at aol.com BorgOmatic at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 06:33:37 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/13/2006 8:31:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com writes:

[Lady  Frost]

For long moments Frost just watched the passage that
their  other selves had disappeared into.   She wanted
to warn them so  badly she actually took a step to
follow them before catching herself and  stopping.  Her
mind told her that it wouldn't help and would  probably
make things worse.   That really didn't make her  feel
any better about it.

They'd lost Pierre in leaving here, and  lost Osiris in
returning.
She was starting to hate this new version of  Chicago.

When she did speak, it was in subdued tones.   Like
she'd just been chastised with a rolled up newspaper.
"Leave him be.  He's not from this time any more
than I am.  He's  not a spy and I doubt he knows
anything more than we do about  Vimakardu."

At that she put her back to the nearest wall and  slid
down it into a sitting position.  She'd just wait for
the  others to figure out where they were going, right
now she was done with  thinking.  She hoped.

[Bongo]

"Frost, there are times I absolutely _hate_ your being right... but now
certainly isn't one of those times," Bongo grunts as he sat down beside her to
catch his breath and regain his bearings.  Almost absent-mindedly, he  starts
pointing around with Osiris' scroll as he thought out loud.

"Well, that at least proves we're back to our normal place in the
timeline..." he pauses for a moment as his gaze catches Frost's face.   "Well, for most
of us anyway.  Sorry."

He thinks for a moment more and continues, pointing in the direction their
other selves had come.  "Fortunately we already know what's back _that_  way,
and maybe with a little luck we can eventually get back to our stolen hover
truck and bug out for someplace with a significantly lower
Coalition-to-adventurer ratio."

Finally noticing the scroll he's been using as a pointer, he unrolls it to
take a look.  "Now, let's see what Osiris' parting gift is about..."

[/Bongo]