[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond...

Aaron Corley marjannec at netzero.com
Tue Feb 14 08:29:32 PST 2006

[Ted]
OOC: If I may interject...

IC: "She is right. I am not from here and I know nothing about this Vimakardu," the lizard man states, "in fact, I would really like an explanation before I follow you any further."
[/Ted]

[Lady Frost]
For long moments Frost just watched the passage that their other selves had disappeared into.   She wanted to warn them so badly she actually took a step to follow them before catching herself and stopping.  Her mind told her that it wouldn't help and would probably
make things worse.   That really didn't make her feel any better about it.

They'd lost Pierre in leaving here, and lost Osiris in returning.
She was starting to hate this new version of Chicago.

When she did speak, it was in subdued tones.  Like she'd just been chastised with a rolled up newspaper.

"Leave him be.  He's not from this time any more than I am.  He's not a spy and I doubt he knows anything more than we do about Vimakardu."

At that she put her back to the nearest wall and slid down it into a sitting position.  She'd just wait for the others to figure out where they were going, right now she was done with thinking.  She hoped.
[/Lady Frost]

[Bongo]
"Frost, there are times I absolutely _hate_ your being right... but now certainly isn't one of those times," Bongo grunts as he sat down beside her to catch his breath and regain his bearings.  Almost absent-mindedly, he starts pointing around with Osiris' scroll as he thought out loud.

"Well, that at least proves we're back to our normal place in the time line..." he pauses for a moment as his gaze catches Frost's face.  "Well, for most of us anyway.  Sorry."

He thinks for a moment more and continues, pointing in the direction their other selves had come.  "Fortunately we already know what's back _that_ way, and maybe with a little luck we can eventually get back to our stolen hover truck and bug out for someplace with a significantly lower Coalition-to-adventurer ratio."

Finally noticing the scroll he's been using as a pointer, he unrolls it to take a look.  "Now, let's see what Osiris' parting gift is about..."
[/Bongo]

[Ted]
Ted lowered Arden carefully to the ground. All of this seemed so strange, but certain pieces seemed to fit. He must be in the same time line as the vampires of Mexico, but now it looked like he was underneath Chicago with a group of strangers on some quest.

"Would some one mind filling me on what is going on?" he asked at last, "Who is Vimakardu? In fact, who are you guys?"
[/Ted]