[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond...

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:12:45 PST 2006

> > [GM]
> > Suddenly there is more noise coming down the passage, and those with
> > Sixth Sense suddenly feel it going off.

> "We better get going," Ted checks the e-clip on his rifle and then lifts
> Arden to his shoulders, "You've all been here before. Which way is best?"
> [/Ted]

[Rod]
"I dunno." Rod replies.  "I sure wouldn't mind getting back to our vehicle.
Frost, do you know where that stadium with all those statues is?  Could you
find it overground?"
[/Rod]

> [Talas]
> Upon hearing the approaching noise, Talas whispers "My friends, do you
> know what this new arrival is?"
> [/Talas]

[Rod]
"I have some idea." Rod mumbles.
[/Rod]

> [Bongo]
> "It isn't friendly whatever it is..." the Dog Boy growls softly as he
> stows the scroll and whips out his pistol and sword.  "Just be careful
> what you shoot at in here -- the roof doesn't look too sturdy."
> [/Bongo]

> [Ted]
> "Yes," Ted mumbles in his best Sean Connery impersonation, "Some of us 'do
> not react well to bullets'--or energy blasts, for that matter. So, I suggest
> we move on."
> [/Ted]

> [Lady Frost]
> "There is no better way to go."
>
> Frost slowly stands up and takes a deep breath to steady herself.
>
> "Whatever it is, it does NOT want to fight me right now."
>
> Knowing that 'they' had already passed by, she slowly walks back out into
> the hallway and looks in both directions.
>
> "Caution, the light at the end of the tunnel might be the 3:15"
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
"Is that some sort of ammunition?" Lena asks, looking at Lady Frost
quizzically.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas smiles slightly, draws his sword and follows Lady Frost into the
> main corridor. "Lady Frost, Vengeance is sweet. But what approaches my not
> be the right target for that vengeance. Try to stay your hand if
> possible."
> [/Talas]

[GM]
As Lady Frost peaks around the corner she sees a distressingly familiar
sight.  Walking down the hall, a horrible grin on its face, is a short,
blue-skinned humanoid with large solid red eyes, three slits for a nose, and
two rows of shiny metallic fangs in its round mouth.  It seems to be talking
to someone in a low murmur, though nothing can be seen.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/