[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:51:27 PST 2006

> > [GM]
> > There's a flash and a young boy, looking no more than eight or nine
> > years old, appears, dressed in a white robe with a dragon sewn across
> > the breast.  When he speaks it's in a lilting Irish accent.
> >
> > "I am the Keeper of the Gate.  To pass you must my questions.  If you
> > fail, then it shall be shut to you 'til the sun has come up and gone
> > down again.  Here is the first."
> >
> > "The root tops the trunk
> > on this backward thing,
> > that grows in the winter
> > and dies in the spring.
> > What is it?"
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas turns to the rest of the group "My friends a quick group meeting if
> you will?"
>
> Talas then turns back towards the Child. "My Lord if you would be so kind
> as to give us a moment." and with that he turns once again to the group.
>
> In a quieted voice he says "Gentlemen and my lady, I think that the answer
> to this riddle is an 'ice sickle'... What would be your thoughts as to the
> answer?"
> [/Talas]

> [Lady Frost]
> "Are you saying 'ice sickle'?  As in a grain thresher made of ice?  I
> really doubt that's the answer."
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Talas]
> Talas gives Lady Frost a look of slight bewilderment. Then says "No I mean
> as in the kind that hangs from the roof in winter. An icicle"
>
> "...What's a thrasher?"
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Arden thinks it through for a moment.  "It's an icicle, I'm certain." he
says.  He turns to the boy and says, "Well, is that the answer?"

The boy nods.  "Very well done." he says.  "And now for the second
question."

"An island lost in ancient times,
Arises again as a sign,
But its children are denied their home of old,
And slavers and demons walk forth ever bold."

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/