[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <in tower>

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 11 13:22:17 PST 2006

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/06, J L <tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > [GM]
> > The boy nods.  "Very good.  One last question
> remains,
> > and then the gate shall allow you through."
> >
> > The boy pauses, nods once or twice, as if
> responding
> > to someone, and then asks "Will you save the
> > Coalition?"
> > [/GM]
> >

> > [Lady Frost]
> > "What?  Great.  I just had to ask for the hard
> ones."
> >
> > Frost turned to the group, clearly not offering an
> > answer yet.
> >
> > "Guys, I can't answer this one without something
> more.
> >  From what I know of the Coalition, it's the kind
> of
> > regime I'd have fought against back home, risking
> life
> > and limb to bring them down.  On the other hand,
> it's
> > citizens aren't at fault for what it does and they
> do
> > deserve protection.  I'd probably risk my life to
> save
> > them."
> >
> > She glanced back to the questioner, then returned
> her
> > gaze to the others.
> > "Besides, it sounds like he's waiting for a
> decision,
> > not an answer to a riddle.  Say 'yes' and we may
> not
> > have any choice but to defend it against some
> other
> > heroes.  Say 'no' and a lot of innocent people
> might
> > die by our inaction."
> >
> > It was clear that Frost was not pleased by _this_
> turn
> > of events.
> > [/Lady Frost]
>
> [GM]
> "As far as I'm concerned," Lena says, "the Coalition
> should rot.  Why would
> we want to save them?"
> [/GM]
>
> [Arden]
> As the question is asked, Arden gets an
> uncomfortable look on his
> face.  His eyes
> are distant, as if looking elsewhere, or remembering
> something.
>
> Suddenly he says, "Yes, we must save the Coalition."
>
> Lena looks at Arden in horror, but the boy simply
> smiles.  "Very well
> then.  You have
> passed my tests.  The last one remains within.  Go,
> and may She Who Has No
> Name be with you."
>
> The boy begins to fade away, and as he disappears,
> the gate flares,
> the sparks moving
> faster and faster until it is a vortex, swirling
> impossibly fast.
> [/Arden]

[Talas]
Talas turns to the party and says. "Now what do we do
my friends? The Lizard man that we seek is here in
this land. But now we stand before a portal whose
destination is as I am to understand it is determined
by 'She Who has no Name'. And is that not the one who
as set us on this quest?" "Do we go or do we
stay?"...Talas opens his comms to the folks outside
and says "My good friends I believe we need your
presents in the basement of the tower. It appears that
She of has no name wishes us to step through a
portal." "Lord Phanton I for one could really use our
wisdom on this decision."
[/Talas]