[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - In The Ruins Of Old Chicago

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 17:12:24 BST 2006

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> [GM]
> It does have an effect on the demon, however.
> Turning away from hover
> craft, he raises the sword at Kyle and fires,
> ripping through one of the
> SAMAS wings.  The demon turns back to the craft, and
> now energies
> crackle around him as he seems to prepare an even
> mightier blast.  In
> the distance a leyline nexus can be seen dimming
> slightly as the demon
> draws energy from it.
> [/GM]
>
> [Kyle]
> Kyle fights to keep airborne, pushing his thrusters
> as far as they can
> go, and shoots towards the demon.
> [/Kyle]

[Lady Frost]

"Nice of him to make this hole right where I can get
at it.  Hey Bongo, aim for the snowbank."

Quickly moving over to the rended metal where the
demon's blast went through, Frost begins climbing up
and partway out the hole so she has a clear view of
their path.

As she does so she unleashes a barrage of hardened
iceballs at the underside of the Pterodactyl and the
parts of the rider she can see.  Was she really
shooting iceballs at a dinosaur??

She doesn't really expect her powers to affect the
critters, but even distracting it enough to let Kyle
get in a solid hit would be enough.

Then she could focus on her original plan, which was
putting a large amount of snow on the ground wherever
Bongo planned to set them down.  That would hopefully
cushion the impact enough to not kill them all.

Even with her new-found durability, she wasn't
relishing the idea of crash landing at these speeds.

[/Lady Frost]