[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:49:59 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Aaron Clausen wrote:

>> > [GM]
>> > As Lady Frost peaks around the corner she sees a distressingly familiar
>> > sight.  Walking down the hall, a horrible grin on its face, is a short,
>> > blue-skinned humanoid with large solid red eyes, three slits for a nose,
>> > and two rows of shiny metallic fangs in its round mouth.  It seems to be
>> > talking to someone in a low murmur, though nothing can be seen.
>> > [/GM]
>
>> [Alex]
>> The ex-Coalition Ranger can only shake her head.
>> [/Alex]
>
>> [Talas]
>> Talas casts Sense Evil. And then turn to Lady Frost "Lady Frost do you
>> know what this thing is?"
>> [/Talas]
>
>> [Bongo]
>> "Holy frag on a stick... not _him_ again," Bongo whispers, suddenly
>> wishing he was holding a much bigger gun.  "What's the play, folks?"
>> [/Bongo]
>
>> [Rod]
>> "It's only one of them." Rod says, thumbing his TK-hammer.  "Though I
>> think they might have some psychic contact with their master.  You
>> know, that whatever-the-hell-it-is that Frost doesn't like too much."
>>
>> Without waiting for any further responses Rod starts moving forward...
>> [/Rod]
>
> [GM]
> "I do not know this creature." Phaeton says.  "Is it powerful?"
> [/GM]
>
>> [Ted]
>> ...with Ted and Arden close behind.
>> [/Ted]
>
>> [Lady Frost]
>> "Why can we not cut a break here?"
>>
>> She quickly, but gently, moves the few people in the
>> tunnel with her back into the side passage.
>>
>> Once done she grabbed Bongo's arm.
>>
>> "Quick, when that automaton attacked us last time we were here, at the
>> fire when the little guide took off, which way did it come at us from?
>> Behind us or in front?"
>>
>> Looking farther down the side passage to see if there is any room to run
>> in if needed she continues.
>>
>> "Behind, this is the same one and we want to avoid it like ourselves.  In
>> front, and we want to trash this one so it doesn't jump into a fight it
>> wasn't ever in and wreck us while we're busy."
>>
>> Part of her is fervently hoping this iss a new one. She has a serious need
>> to pay something back for the loss of St. Pierre and Osiris.
>> [/Lady Frost]
>
>> [Talas]
>> Talas walks up to Lady Frost and says "Lady Frost my friend. You are over
>> thinking the matter. We were sent here for a reason. Simple, yet sweet.
>> Now if you will excuse me simplicity calls." and with that Talas draws his
>> sword and walks out into the corridor to face the little blue creature.
>> [/Talas]
>
>> [Bongo]
>> Bongo shrugs at Lady Frost.  "Either way, this one's bad news and doesn't
> [...]

OOC: Whoops, not quite finished.

[GM]
The company can also clearly see that the blue-skinned creature is injured,
its stomach opened and green ichor leaking from it.  Never the less, it
jumps at Rod and manages to get past Rod's defenses and begins squeezing
him as Rod's face grimmaces in pain.

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/