[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:47:55 PST 2006

[OOC]
I've just joined the newest player to the mailing list.  I'd like to
introduce you all to April Mead, who is playing the Elvin woman, Angelica.
Hopefully we can set up an "introductions" post here so she's not confused
by all the PCs and NPCs.
[/OOC]

> > [GM]
> > Talas's stab misses the creature's throat and jabs into its chest.  The
> > creature is completely immobile now, save for large quantities of green
> > ichour running all over the passage.
> >
> > "I think  it's dead." Lena says.  Then she looks to the elvin woman.
> > "What did  you say the name of that old man was?"
> > [/GM]

> [Bongo]
> "Yes, please," Bongo says as he turns his attention to the elvish  woman.
> "I could have sworn I heard the words 'Osiris' and 'knight.'"
>
> Remembering how duplicates of people they had known had been used against
> them -- or WILL be used against them, this time-travel business was more
> than a little bit confusing -- Bongo reaches out with his psychic and
> physical senses to get a reading on the two new arrivals.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Bongo cannot tell whether the old man is Osiris, though he senses nothing
evil.  The old man is definitely a psychic, however.

> "She said Osiris, like your friend back in--" Ted begins, then stops.

The woman, who has named herself Angelica, replies "Yes, his name is Osiris
and I believe he is a..."  She looks at the old man for a moment.  "A Cyber
Knight, I think."
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas scans both the elf woman and the old man to see if ether one
> radiates evil.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Neither the woman or the old man radiate any evil.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> "Yes Mr. Ted she said Osiris. As in our friend from the tower. She also
> said knight."
> [Talas]

> [Ted]
> "What's going on here then?" the lizard man asked, a little confused. For
> all of his previous dimension jumping and time travel experience, even this
> seemed a little weird. "If Osiris is here, must have survived the attack on
> that tower, right?"

Phaeton nods, a knowing look in his eyes.  "So it would seem." he says
quietly.
[/GM]

> [Lady Frost]
> With the blue-meanie down, Frost slowly approaches the old man and kneels
> on the ground beside him.
>
> She says nothing, just stares at him and studies his face for the truth.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
The man might be Osiris.  It's hard to tell.  If it is the Cyber Knight,
then he has seen many long years.

> Right now, all Alex is doing is waiting and listening.

> Ted keeps one ear on Lady Frost and the old man and the other on the tunnel
> around them, in case the blue-thing has any friends.

No more blue meanies are in sight.  The passage is utterly silent now, save
for the dripping of water.

Phaeton turns to the woman.  "How long have you travelled with this man?" he
asks Angelica.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Talas asks the woman "What has happened to him?"
> [/Talas]

[OOC]
For clarity's sake, here's the characters:

Ted - The lizard guy
Alex - The red-haired CS scout
Phaeton (NPC) - The tattooed man
Kyle - The tiger-striped SAMAS
Lady Frost - The icy-looking woman
Bongo - The Dog Boy
Rod (NPC) - The *very* ugly dwarf
Talas - The elf in the red robes with the funky kung-fu moves
Lena (NPC) - A young woman not much older than Angelica
Angelica - The beautiful and strange new Elvin woman
Osiris (NPC) - The old man on the ground
[/OOC]

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/