[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VIII - The Portal And Beyond - Combat Round #1

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:32:59 PST 2006


OOC 1: To keep things straight in my head (and hopefully in all of yours'),
I'm adding a bit of description to what the nasties are doing.  If anyone's
still confused, let me know.

OOC 2: Boy, I've never seen the posts coming so fast and furious!

[Initiative]
Phaeton
D-wolf 1 (hit by Ted)
Bongo
Alex
D-wolf 2 (struggling with Phaeton)
Talas
Rod
Lena
Kyle
Angelica
D-wolf 3 (coming at Angelica)
D-wolf 4 (coming at Alex)
Lady Frost
Ted
D-wolf 5 (just hit by Lady Frost's "bone")
D-wolf 6 (severely injured by Bongo)
[/Initiative]

> [Alex]
> Alex climbs on top of a relatively stable-looking rubble pile that looks
> like it would be pretty hard for one of the creatures to climb.
> [/Alex]

[Phaeton]
Phaeton tries desparately to get his sword into the D-wolf, but somehow it
manages to do dodge his blow.
[/Phaeton]

[D-wolf 1]
Enraged by Ted's hit, it leaps at Ted, trying to wrap its maw around his
throat.
[/D-wolf 1]

[Ted]
Ted easily dodges the D-wolf's attack.
[/Ted]

> [Bongo]
> "Sorry about that cousin," Bongo sneers as his shot hits home, "but when
> it's kill or be killed, I'd rather be the one doing the killing.  Now do
> yourself a favor and die..."
> 
> He squeezes off another long burst at the same D-wolf, hoping to put it
> out of its misery.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Bongo's second shot blasts the beast into eternity, leaving behind a few
pieces of burning flesh and fur.
[/GM]

> [Alex]
> Alex does what she can, firing three round bursts from her JA-12 rifle.
> [/Alex]

[GM]
Alex's shot, while not perfect, does hit the D-wolf, doing a fair amount of
damage and blasting the creature as it struggles up the rubble pile, and
knocking it to the bottom.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> Seeing the number of party members fighting Hand-to-hand, Talas determines
> that firing large numbers of flashest to be a bad idea. So Talas holsters
> the rail gun with one hand and draws his Katana with the other. And
> attacks the nearest D-Wolf.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Talas attacks the D-wolf engaged with Phaeton, giving it a good cut with his
Katana.  It yelps and loosens its hold on Phaeton.
[/GM]

[Rod]
Rod fires another shot from his bracer at the D-wolf, this time connecting. 
Yet another creature is running about with its fur on fire.
[/Rod]

[Lena]
Lena whips out an energy pistol and fires at one of the D-wolves, missing
hopelessly and blowing a hole in a neighboring building.
[/Lena]

> [Kyle]
> Kyle swings around and sees the two D-wolves, realising that Alex could
> more than likely handle hers, Kyle goes into a dive and attemps to body
> block the other D-wolf.  If he can he will grab hold of the wolf and take
> it as high as possible say 300m and let go.
> [/Kyle]

[GM]
Kyle manages to block the wolf heading at Angelica, but grabbing it is a far
more difficult proposition as it easily evades Kyle's grasp.
[/GM]

[Angelica]
With Kyle's unexpected aid, Angelica easily parries the wolf, and the wolf,
now preoccupied with two attackers, is hit square in the nose by Angelica's
strike, and jumps back with a loud yelp like it was stung by a bee.
[/Angelica]

> [Lady Frost]
> Knowing that the others can handle themselves, but not knowing if this new
> woman could, Frost charges for the D-wolf attacking Angelica loosing ice
> at it's legs as she moves.
>
> Once to the thing, she grabs it and as she dismisses the ice around it she
> lifts it into the air and throws it as far down the street as she can
> manage. These were wolves after all and as far as she knew they aren't
> evil, just hungry.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
With unbelievable ease, Frost tosses the creature.  It sails several
hundred feet, howling the whole time, disappearing behind a rubble pile,
with only a distant WUMPH! to mark where it hit ground.
[/GM]

> [Ted]
> Ted fires on another wolf, doing his part until the group decides to
> escape.
> [/Ted]

[GM]
Ted fires at the wolf attacking him, but it dodges and makes another leap at
him.
[/GM]

[D-wolf 4: Alex's critter]
The D-wolf begins howling as it tries to scramble up the rubble pile to Alex
again, but failing miserably and sliding back down.
[/D-wolf 4]

[GM]
While the party seems to have this under control, in the not-so-distant
distance can be heard the howls of the rest of the D-wolves.  They seem to
have got over the confusion that Kyle had sowed.  They make no attempt to be
quiet now, and are running at a full gate, and even the deafest, it sounds
like there is a lot of them.
[/GM]

OOC: Recap; D-wolf 1 still attacking Ted, D-wolf 2 still attacking Phaeton
but hit by Talas, D-wolf 3 is no more, D-wolf 4 is picking itself up after
being hit by Alex, D-wolf 5 is on fire from Rod's attack,  D-wolf 6 is no
more.

-- 
Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/



More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list