[Taocow PBEM] Chapter X - The Stranger

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:39:50 BST 2006

> [Ted]
> The rumble of the grenades catches Ted's attention. He stops running
> and turns around in place. After sizing up the situation, he says to
> Talas, "Anything in your bag of tricks to help Osiris or that guy?"
> [/Ted]

> [Talas]
> Talas looks down at Ted, "Only the ability to vanquish the unholy
> creature that is causing him pain!"..."if it is chemical then just the
> breather in my helmet." Talas then looks at Osiris and says "Mr.
> Ted I think we should see which it is."
> [/Talas]

> [Ted]
> Ted runs back toward the sound of fighting. When they get near
> Lady Frost, he stops to let Talas off his back before drawing
> his rifle.
> [/Ted]

> [Lady Frost]
> Frost skids to a halt as Osiris goes down.  Something tells her
> that entering that shadow, even to save both men, would only
> manage to get her in the same mess.  She'd have to come
> up with a way to get the shadow to leave them instead.
>
> Intending to separate the cloud and the men, Frost begins forming
> an ice dome around them.
> [/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Frost's quick thinking seems to ease the men's suffering.  The
stranger walks slowly over to Osiris.  Osiris can be seen saying
something, but no words will carry past the ice dome.

The wind begins to howl fiercely.  The rest of the company hears the
sounds of wolves, or at least it seems that way.  Shapes seem to move
every where, and to military-trained people like Bongo and Alex, it
suggests an ambush.

The shadow seems to grow in strength, and in the midst of it appear to
red eyes, monstrous and swollen.  A bolt of energy streaks towards
Frost, but Frost easily dodges it.  Almost simultaneously, two other
bolts leap out at Ted and Talas.  Talas barely dodges, but Ted is
struck and blown off his feet.

Ted hits a snow bank, and when he recovers, he finds his chest
smoking, his breathing labored and pain spreading across his chest.
Movement is painful, but not impossible, and while injured, he doesn't
seem to be near death's door.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://members.shaw.ca/selfreferential/rifts_pbem/