[Taocow PBEM] Chapter X - The Stranger

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:55:00 BST 2006

> > [GM]
> > Ted hits a snow bank, and when he recovers, he finds his chest
> > smoking, his breathing labored and pain spreading across his chest.
> > Movement is painful, but not impossible, and while injured, he doesn't
> > seem to be near death's door.

> "Medic... medic...," the lizard man moans, getting to his feet. He
> tries to shake off the impact.

Ted manages to get upright.  He's sore, but he'll survive.  He hears
some scrabbling behind him, and catches sight of one of the little
humanoids pouncing on him.

> Alex looks around and does a quick scan with nightvision optics to see
> if she can figure out what is going on. The ranger radios back, "Guys,
> got any ideas. Looks like we are being ambushed."
> [/Alex]

> [Bongo]
> "How about a counter-ambush?"  Bongo quips as he hits the brake, plants
> his foot and spins the Wastelander around.  Rushing back towards the
> rest of the group, he draws his NG-45 and gets ready to fire at the
> nearest unfriendly shape.
> [/Bongo]

[GM]
Bongo opens fire as he sees one of the creatures leap out.  It's a poor
shot and the creature manages to dodge.  The creature leaps behind some
rubble and opens fire on Bongo, but shoots so poorly that he misses
Bongo by at least ten feet.

With Alex's nightvision optics, she can just make out what looks like
about a dozen of the creatures pulling something up a large rubble
pile.
[/GM]

> [Talas]
> "Mr. Bongo that is an excellent idea." and with that Talas draws his
> Katana and charges towards the nearest set of glowing red eyes.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
The stranger yells "What is going on here and who are you?!"  as he runs
for cover.
[/GM]

[Osiris]
Slowly Osiris gets up and follows the stranger.
[/Osiris]

[GM]
Talas leaps forward to strike the glowing eyes.  His aim is poor, but
the eyes don't make a single move to dodge.  Instead as Talas's blow
hits, he feels his whole body seized as if by a giant hand.  He is
lifted at least twenty feet in the air and thrown down.  He huts the
ground with a muted thud, and when his senses clear he sees three of
the little creatures running towards him.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://members.shaw.ca/selfreferential/rifts_pbem/