[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XI - Dissension in the Ranks

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 6 09:11:03 BST 2007

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > [Talas]
> > > "Mr. Ted I do have one question that I must ask
> you. How resilient
> > > are you?" Talas asks while patting the P-Beam
> pistol at his
> > > side. "You are with out armour. Is that do to
> lack of need or lack of
> > > equipment?"
> > > [/Talas]
>
> > [Ted]
> > "Resilient enough," the lizard man replies. "But
> if you have extra
> > equipment, I would love to help you carry it."
> > [/Ted]
>
> [...]
>
> > > [GM]
> > > Alex does remarkably well, patching up Phaeton's
> most serious cuts and
> > > bruises.  He has no medical equipment, but it is
> clear that he is suffering
> > > some serious internal injuries.  She has
> stabilized him, but if he doesn't
> > > get some serious medical care soon, he will,
> despite his phenomonal
> > > True Atlantean constitution, likely die.
> Somehow, it seems, his megadamage
> > > body has been compromised.
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex states, "We need a healer or a doctor. He is
> going to die otherwise. I have
> > just had a bit of first aid for the CS. Does
> anyone have any ability to heal."
> > [/Alex]
>
> [Bongo]
> "We're a long way from a doctor!" Bongo shouts.
> "Depending on where
> this alleged
> tunnel takes us, maybe we might get close to some
> real habitation."
> [/Bongo]
>
> [...]
>
> > > [GM]
> > > Carlos's investigation leads him to the altar.
> The woman's featureless
> > > face seems to bore right through him.  A strange
> shimmering seems to surround
> > > the statue's head.  As Carlos examines the
> altar, he feels a slight blast
> > > of hot air coming from somewhere around it.
> > >
> > > His examination is interrupted by the roar of
> engines from outside.  A
> > > spotlight suddenly shines through one of the
> windows.  There's a loud boom
> > > and a canister smashes through the window on to
> the floor, and in an
> > > instant a white gas begins to spray from it.
> > > [/GM]
>
> > [Ted]
> > **Everyone hit the deck,** Ted transmits to his
> companions. While
> > holding his breath, he lowers Osiris' body to the
> ground and covers
> > the Cyber-knight's mouth with a clothe. Then, he
> takes his rifle off
> > safety and moves across the room to where he can
> see outside the
> > window and still remain reasonably hidden.
> > [/Ted]
>
> > [Alex]
> > Alex almost automatically slides her helmet back
> in and locks it on. She
> > then reaches into her pack and pulls out her space
> [...]
[Talas]
Seeing that his helmet was unable to stop the gas to
any helpful degree Talas abandons the gas canister and
heads over to try and help Carlos and Bongo open the
door they have found.
- As soon as the party is out of this room and out of
the gas, Talas will tell Alex that he has so minor
healing skills. And will us 'Healing tough' on
Phaeton.
[/Talas]