[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIII - Of Prophecies and Visions

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 19 02:11:28 BST 2007


--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > [GM]
> > > As if on queue, the Prince strides in, a look of
> worry and suspicion
> > > on his face.  "Ah good, you are all here." he
> says, taking a seat.
> > > "You may have brought the Mayor some pleasure,
> but for me and my
> > > father, you've brought only concern, and perhaps
> even grief."
> > >
> > > "I will be blunt," he continues, "I dislike
> mystical prophecies.  The
> > > world is hard enough without having to put stock
> in the vague
> > > prognostications of old seers.  You've caused
> that madman Bruth no end
> > > of consternation, and while I do enjoy watching
> one of those silly
> > > religious fanatics getting twisted into knots,
> I'm not such a fool
> > > that I don't see that just because it's a
> lunatic in panic, that
> > > there's no reason to panic, if you catch my
> meaning."
> 
> > > "I need to know right now what your purpose is
> here.  Are you staying?
> > > Are you going, and if so, where?  Will you be
> awakening the Reaver?
> > > We have enough normal enemies, with the
> Coalition breathing down our
> > > necks, without some mad demon of the past
> looking to settle a score.
> > > I'd just as soon you left, myself, but if you're
> going to replace
> > > yourselves with trouble, then maybe it would be
> better if..."
> > >
> > > The Prince leaves the rest of the sentence
> unsaid, though there is a
> > > peculiar and driven look in his eyes.
> > > [/GM]
> 
> > [Ted]
> > Ted says nothing. Instead, he waits for the others
> to reply, ready to attack the > prince if necessary.
> > [/Ted]
> 
> > [Bongo]
> > Bongo nods slowly, as if half expecting this. 
> "Your Highness, I can
> > understand your position and would feel much the
> same way if our situations
> > were reversed.  However, I can assure you that it
> has never been our
> > intention to bring harm in any way to bystanders
> -- in fact, we have
> > actually gone out of our way to ensure their
> safety.  As for whether or not
> > we're staying... well, we never seem to stay in
> one place very long
> > regardless."  He adds a sardonic half-grin at the
> end.
> > [/Bongo]
> 
> [GM]
> "Sometimes certain acts can have, shall we say,
> unintentional side
> effects." the Prince replies.  "This talk of the
> Reaver and of
> Rath-Iren has been heard before.  You are not the
> first to come along
> searching for these things.  A few years ago there
> was a party of
> unsavory types..."
> 
> The Prince is interrupted by a knock.  In strides
> Major Pournelle, who
> bows to the Prince, and then to the members of the
> party.
> 
> "Your Highness, we have a man at the front gates
> looking for our
> guests." he says.  He looks to the party.  "He says
> he knows the
> cyberknight Osiris through a mutual friend.  He
> looks to be some sort
> of mage, possibly a Technowizard.  Shall I let him
> in, Your Majesty?"
> 
> "Yes, but keep him under guard." the Prince replies.
>  "This is proving
> to be a most interesting meeting."
> 
> "Tell me," the Prince looks back to the party, "do
> any of you know
> anything of this?"
> [/GM]
> 
> 
[Talas]
"Pardon me, Major Pournelle, But did this person
happen to say what their name was?"
[/Talas]





      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca


More information about the Taocowpbem mailing list