[Taocow PBEM] Chapter IX - The King Of The River

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:34:06 GMT 2007

> > [GM]
> > No one in the room seems to be paying much heed to Max or the
> > company.  The band is playing louder, the drinks are coming faster and
> > the mood is drunkenly festive.
> >
> > Then it all stops as a woman's piercing cry can be heard somewhere
> > outside on the street.

> Alex looks around at the cry and uses her empathy to see what she
> senses from outside if the sound is within range.

Alex senses overwhelming pain and fear, nearly enough to freeze her
where she is.  Something horrible is happening to someone.
[/GM]

> [Alister]
> Alister gets up, and heads out the door, getting ready to activate his armor
> and says "Wonder if that's our waitress."
> [/Alister]

[Osiris]
Osiris jumps up as quickly as he can.  "I'm wondering the same thing."
[/Osiris]

> [Talas]
> Upon hearing the scream, Talas jumps up and runs out into the street to
> see what has happened. And to help if he can.
> [/Talas]

[Bongo]
Bongo turns his attention away from Max and Ted and moves towards the door.
[/Bongo]

[Amanda]
Amanda follows suit.
[/Amanda]

[GM]
The company aren't the only ones moving towards the door.  Most of the
patrons, and even the band, have dropped everything and are rushing
forward.

Max gives Ted an odd look and then moves towards the door, wading
through the patrons and even upending a few tables.  The old
adventurer may be retired, but he still demonstrates a powerful
physique as he pushes men much bigger than himself out of the way.

Outside someone can be heard crying "Dear God!"

As everyone gets outside they are witness to a scene of truly
gut-wrenching horror.  The waitress who had acted so oddly before is
literally pinned against the wall of a building on the other side, her
legs and arms stretched so far that the joints are bloodied and
dislocated.  Her eyes have been torn out of her head, and her head and
empty sockets are staring at the sky with a look of terror graven in
them.  Her abdomen has been slit, and her entrails are lying on the
ground.

Beside her on the wall, written in her own blood, are the words "The
Reaver Returns".

Max falls to the ground and begins weeping uncontrollably.  In the
distance sirens can be heard.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com