[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XII - Through The Looking Glass Once Again

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 4 08:19:39 BST 2007

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> > [Ted]
> > The lizard man claps his hands as the ballad ends.
> "It is a shame
> > Prince Akirax has gone on," he laments. "I would
> have liked to meet a
> > hero of his caliber. Perhaps his countrymen could
> escort us to pay
> > homage at his grave someday soon. In the meantime,
> however, I am
> > curious about this Rath-Iren. I have heard the
> name before, but...
> > What is this place?"
> > [/Ted]
>
> [GM]
> Bruth looks away as Ted mentions the name, but no
> one else seems
> to have a strong reaction one way or the other.  The
> Prince, a bit more
> friendly now after having consumed a couple of
> glasses of wine, seems
> willing to fill him in.
>
> "It's just a legend, really." the Prince says.
> "Passed down since the
> age of the Apocalypse.  You can believe it or not as
> you like, though
> the likes of Bruth will insist that it is true.  At
> any rate, it is said that
> the Reaver once ruled a great multidimensional
> kingdom, and that it
> was centered on some astrological complex known as
> Rath-Iren,
> which, according to the legends, was situated
> somewhere far to the
> south of here.
>
> "The Reaver was apparently defeated by an old order
> known as the
> House of the Wyrm.  They have a temple at
> Poughkeepsie dedicated
> to some goddess they call She Who Has No Name.
> There used to
> be a fair number of people belonging to the House of
> Wyrm, though
> their numbers have dwindled down to a few priests
> and supplicants."
>
> "Quite frankly, I think that some imaginative story
> teller just wound
> up some old legend from the south with the brief
> reign of the Reaver
> for the purposes of delighting us with that song.
> But again, ask
> Bruth.  He's spent more time delving around the
> Royal Archives,
> and is apparently on friendly terms with the High
> Priest of that
> nameless goddess."
> [/GM]

[Talas]
After hearing the Prince talking about the temple of
She Who Has NO Name. Talas decides that this Temple is
someplace were this group must go before once again
going after there pray.
[/Talas]

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca