[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XII - Through The Looking Glass Once Again

J L tolrick_stonecleaver at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 14:54:48 BST 2007

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> OOC: I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome
> back Eric, who is
> again taking up the mantle of everyone's favorite
> Dog Boy; Bongo
> Jones.
>
> > [GM]
> >
> > Prince Akirax was victorious that glorious day,
> > And the Reaver's soul fled somewhere far away.
> > And in the years that passed, when Akirax grew
> old,
> > The Reaver's sword he held in his hands dead and
> cold."
> > [/GM]
>
> > [Talas]
> > As the young man finishes Talas applauds "Bravo my
> good man
> > bravo. You must teach me that song later, my good
> man." Talas
> > makes a mental note to pick this minstrel's brain
> later for any other
> > songs he my have that mention Rath-Iren or this
> Reaver. Talas then
> > asks one of the servants for more wine for both
> himself and the mayor's
> > daughter.
> > [/Talas]
>
> [GM]
> The minstrel bows, quite pleased at the reaction
> from the guests.
> Everyone else in the hall seems to clap politely,
> likely because they've
> heard the song many times.
>
> The Mayor's daughter smiles at Talas, and bows her
> head in his
> direction as the drink is served.  The Mayor seems
> oblivious to this,
> and his attention is still focused on Alex and Lady
> Frost.
>
> "Lovely song, eh, m'ladies?" he says.  "Perhaps I'll
> commission our
> good minstrel to write some songs about the beauty
> of Lady Amanda
> and Lady Alex!  Perhaps we can arrange a... private
> songwriting
> session."
> [/GM]
>
> > > [Ted]
> > > The lizard man claps his hands as the ballad
> ends. "It is a shame
> > > Prince Akirax has gone on," he laments. "I would
> have liked to meet a
> > > hero of his caliber. Perhaps his countrymen
> could escort us to pay
> > > homage at his grave someday soon. In the
> meantime, however, I am
> > > curious about this Rath-Iren. I have heard the
> name before, but...
> > > What is this place?"
> > > [/Ted]
>
> > > [GM]
> > > Bruth looks away as Ted mentions the name, but
> no one else seems
> > > to have a strong reaction one way or the other.
> The Prince, a bit more
> > > friendly now after having consumed a couple of
> glasses of wine, seems
> > > willing to fill him in.
> > >
> > > "It's just a legend, really." the Prince says.
> "Passed down since the
> > > age of the Apocalypse.  You can believe it or
> [...]

[Amanda Connors]
Amanda leaned forward in her chair, full attention on
Bruth with patented curiousity.  He knew more than he
was telling by far.

"I've always been interested in prophecies.  Know any
good ones?  Don't worry.  Alex and I don't scare
easily."

She also was doing her best to ignore the Mayor's
rather clumsy advances.  Having been to more than one
society funtion, she knew it wasn't always smart to
offend the man in charge.  Especially when he didn't
seem to have any real use to the problem at hand.

But it wasn't easy.
[/Amanda Connors]