[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XI - Dissension in the Ranks

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 6 15:43:48 BST 2007

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> [GM]
> A few painful counted seconds pass, all the while
> the sound of digging
> and weapons' fire can be heard.  Finally the gate
> replies.  "We are
> the Third Gate.  Your importance is recognized by
> us.  We shall let
> you pass.  We note that you have injured among you,
> and we will
> transport you to the nearest place where you may
> find aid and
> comfort.  Please step through the gate NOW!"
>
> The wall disappears and in its place is a
> snow-covered landscape of
> gentle rolling hills, small stands of trees and, in
> the distance, the
> outer wall of what appears to be a town or small
> city.  Smoke from
> hundreds of chimneys curls up into the cold air.
> The only moving
> things visible are a small herd of cows chewing on a
> pile of dried
> grass.
>
> Behind the company there is a loud boom which shakes
> the passage.
> Rock and debris are flung everywhere.  Out of the
> thick dust energy
> weapon fire appears.  A number of shots hit home.
> Lady Frost is
> struck twice, Ted once, and the prone figures of
> Osiris and Phaeton
> are both struck.  Osiris's armor stops any serious
> injury, but the
> railgun flechettes rip through Phaeton's flesh, and
> strike Alex.
> [/GM]

[Talas]
Talas adjusts Lady Frost so that she is shielded from
oncoming fire. Then he grabs the last injured person
and moves up to the gate. He then puts Lady Frost down
and pushes her through the gate and then rolls the
injured person through. Once done Talas draws this
rail-gun and begins to lay down suppressive fire until
the last person is through the gate.
[/Talas]

      Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/