[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XII - Through The Looking Glass Once

Troy Imlach troy_a_i at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 15 09:34:46 BST 2007

--- Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> [GM]
> >> "That town over there is Fort Peters." the boy
> said. "You're in the
> >> Kingdom of Poughkeepsie. My pa says that it used
> to be part of a
> >> country or state or somethin' called New York.
> It's so big it takes
> >> a day to ride from here to Fort Wansom. I've
> never been there, but
> >> my friend Garth says you can see the ruins of Old
> New York. I think
> >> he's probably lying, 'cause I don't think he's
> been further than
> >> Miller's Pond. Here comes Pa! I hope that lady
> friend of yours
> >> doesn't start a fight."
> >> [/GM]
>
> > [Lady Frost]
> > "Kingdom of....." At that, Frost can't help but
> break into hysterical
> > laughter. In and among this, she manages to gasp
> "At least...
> > it's...not Rochester..."
> >
> > Most of the rest of the coversation is spent
> trying to get her self
> > under control.
> > [/Lady Frost]
>
> [Bongo]
> Bongo shakes his head.  Even with his great
> historical knowledge, he
> doesn't understand the nature of Frost's sudden
> mirth.
> [/Bongo]
>
> [GM]
> The boy is a lot less polite.  "We've won THREE
> wars." he proclaims
> loudly.  "We even have an ambassador from Lazlo
> here!"
> [/GM]
>
> [...]
>
> >> [GM]
> >> "Looks like you'll meet my pa first! He's the one
> in the armored
> >> truck!" he says proudly. "You better call him
> Major Pournelle. He's
> >>  on 'official' business as he calls it."
> >> [/GM]
>
> > [Talas]
> > Talas puts Lady Frost down on her feet, "Lady
> Frost if this is a CS
> > friendly town, you my wish to change forms." He
> harnesses his
> > rail-gun. And then waits for the arrival of the
> vehicles.
> > [/Talas]
>
> [...]
>
> >> [GM]
> >> He walks up to Alex, his hands at his sides. "I
> am Major René
> >> Pournelle, head of the Poughkeepsie Watch." he
> says in a slight
> >> Quebecois accent. "We saw you enter through...
> that entrance. Who
> >> are you and what are you doing here, and how
> precisely did you get
> >> here? I see you have injured, so I suggest we get
> over these
> >> preliminaries quickly, so that we can get aid to
> them."
> >> [/GM]
>
> > [Ted]
> > "My name is Ted Smythe," the lizard man says next.
> [...]

[Talas]
Talas steps forward and begins to deposit his weapons
into the baskets. When it comes time to remove the 300
pound ammo drum from his back Talas pretends to
struggle with its weight. He then removes his armour
as well. To reveal the bright red robe that he’s
wearing under it. Talas then turns toward the Mayor
bows and says "Your Grace, I am Talas Leaf-Blade a
Demon Queller. It is an honor to make your
acquaintance. You honor us with your hospitality."
Talas then straitens up and stands aside to make way
for the others.
[/Talas]