[Taocow PBEM] Fwd: Chapter IX - The King Of The River

Aaron Corley marjannec at netzero.com
Sun Nov 25 16:44:27 GMT 2007

-- Kitsune <kitsunefx at netzero.net> wrote:
[Alex]
"You guys are bad company, it appears that we can never stay in a place
for more than a single day." Alex stated. Mostly, she is amused but
there is just a bit of an edge to it.

[Ted]
Ted smiles wanly. Months ago, the lizard man might have had some quick retort for the young ranger's comment. After all, he had been taken involuntarily from his home over six years ago only to be returned to Earth several centuries after he left. His journey had included stops in eight worlds--usually for just a few days. It had been tiring, but he realized now that the adventure had matured him, bringing him to a new plateau of understanding that he might not have reached otherwise.
[/Ted]

[Alex]
The ranger puts her hand to her head, "It is not your fault but life seems to have become pretty insane over the last few days. To be honest, I don't have a clue on how to deal with demons except to shoot it and hope it dies."
[/Alex]

[Ted]
Ted turned to Alex. "Not to worry, Alex. We have loyal and capable friends. If there were another way to deal with these monsters, they would know it. Instead, we do what must be done so that others may have the luxury of putting down roots for a lifetime."
[/Ted]