[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XIII - Of Prophecies and Visions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:21:50 BST 2007

OOC: Still haven't heard from JL, but we'll proceed.  Just got a note
from Bongo's player, he has to temporarily bow out, so I'll assume the
mantle of Bongo the Great until he returns.

> > [GM]
> > "A trap?" the Prince says, seeming more interested now.  "By whom?"

> "Yes, a trap. We were sent in as scouts for a group of mercenaries which the CS had
> hired against the Xiticix. It was a suicide mission. Our El Tee had incurred the wrath of
> the higher ups.

> The lizard man tried not to look too interested in Alex tale, but he had heard of the Xitixic > once and wanted to know more.
> [/Ted]

[...]

> > [Osiris]
> > Osiris smiles.  "Well, Alister, some mysterious lady has brought you here, eh?  Before
> > the Prince showed up, and then you, we were just discussing our next move.  Perhaps
> > you know what our next move is?  I believe some of us were suggesting checking out
> > that old magic user.  Do you know anything of the mages around here?"
> > [/Osiris]

> [Alister]
> "Don't think I know any of the mages in this are. I just finished an asignment when our
> lady  friend caught up with me."  He then takes a quick glance around to make sure
> no-one  who isn't suposed to be listening is listening and says in a lowered voice "Our
> friend did mention something about a temple a key and a ring."
> [/Alister]

> > [GM]
> > As if in answer to Osiris's question, some activity can be heard down the hall.  Bongo's
> > keen hearing picks up the guard and someone else talking.
> >
> > "They say Bruth grabbed a horse from the stables and road off west towards the capital
> > as soon as this new stranger came into town." one voice says.
> >
> > "Aye.  He's a strange one, and the Prince has long had his eye on him.  The Mayor
> > don't mind, because he gives him special lotions for his... sexual requirements.  Still,
> > he's a strange duck." the other replies.
> >
> > "Crazy bastard, probably gone off to that silly temple." the first one replies.  "Wouldn't
> > mind chasing him down, much more interesting that keeping an eye on this weird
> > bunch."
> > [/GM]

> [Talas]
> Shortly after the Prince and the Major leave the room Talas stands up and addresses the
> group. "My friends I know the there is a lot at hand for us to Discuss. But these things
> will have to spoken of without me. For the life of a Demon Queller is to short, for me to
> pass up life's small pleasures when they present them selves. So if you will pardon me. I
> have a lovely young lady awaiting my arrival. Mr. Quinn it is a pleasure to meet you." and
> with that Talas turns around and goes into his room to change into some well tailored
> street close that he picked up in the NGR.
> [/Talas]

[Osiris]
"I'm a bit past the party animal stage." Osiris says.  "I'm still a
recovering patient here, and need at least a good night's sleep before
I hit the pub.  Is someone going to go after that Bruth character?"
[/Osiris]

> [Talas]
> Once changed Talas then heads off to meet the Mayor's daughter. On his way past the
> two guards Talas turns and with out stopping  asks "Gentlemen is one of you supposed
> to shadow me for the night?" And with that Talas heads off for his date.
> [/Talas]

[GM]
One of the guards nods.  "Aye, we're to keep an eye on you people."
He looks back at his companion.  "Best let Cramp know I'm off with the
elf."

His companion looks at him sharply, "And you remember you're on duty.
If you're caught drinking ale again, they'll put on border patrol."
[/GM]

OOC: Before I get going on Talas's thread, anyone who plans on joining
him speak up!  Otherwise, I'll do it quick-and-dirty style so as not
to slow down the game or leave anyone else.

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com