[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 19:10:07 BST 2008

> [GM]
> Osiris quickly rummages through his backpack and pulls out a couple
> of thick
> ropes, tying them together.  He hands them to Koba.  "That should be
> enough
> to get us out of here."
>
> He looks over at the strange table.  "I feel that thing is...
> important."
> He walks with some effort towards the table, stooping down and
> touching the
> broken tubes.
>
> "Irreperable in the time we've got." he says.  He then looks over as
> the
> others busily gather stuff up.  "Forgive me." he says, and then with
> speed
> that belies his age and injuries, Osiris leaps on to the table and
> lays
> down...
> [/Osiris]

[Sia]
Sialillion looks behind her and catches Osiris laying down on the
table out of the corner of her eye.  She cries, "No!  What are you
doing you old fool!?  This device is clearly broken and we don't even
know what it does!"  She starts to  move towards him to pull him off
the table, then...
[/Sia]

> [GM]
> For a moment, there's nothing, and then all the glowing tubes begin to
> brighten.  Beneath them, the island shakes.
> [/GM]
>
> [Osiris]
> "This may have been a mistake." Osiris says, as he tries to get up.
> "Can
> someone give me a hand here?"
> [/Osiris]
>
> [GM]
> Before anyone can respond, a bubble of translucent blue energy
> surrounds
> Osiris and the table.  Osiris is forced down by some unseen force, and
> tendrils of energy leap from the bubble to his forehead.  Osiris
> screams
> madly in pain, and the quake becomes much worse, making standing
> difficult.
> In the upper chamber, pieces of the ceiling start to dislodge.
>
> Suddenly the six canisters burst open, the fluid spraying all over the
> floor.  The wooden staffs fall out, and for a moment almost flop
> around like
> frightened snakes.  The tubes of energy crack open with frightful
> explosions, blackening the wall.  The field around Osiris begins to
> shudder
> visibly, pieces of it blinking in and out as the energy tubes
> underneath the
> table arc with each other.
>
> There's an ear-drum breaking sound of stone splitting, and the lower
> chamber
> literally splits in two, and a stream of lava starts bubbling
> through the
> walls.  There's a deafening noise like a hurricane that just keeps
> getting
> louder.
> [/GM]

[Sia]
Sialillion's jaw drops.  "No!!"  Yet another of her new companions
felled, and they haven't even gotten to the Reaver yet.  But it would
seem to be too late.  "We have to get out of here.  Koba, quick, drop
us the rope!" she yells up to Koba flying above the group in his jet
pack.
[/Sia]