[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Tue Aug 12 22:21:52 BST 2008

[Alex]
The scout shakes her head, "If they all were dead, we could lie but
lying and them alive could easily bite us again later. Whatever you
thought about the CS, in friendly fire situations, we usually blamed the
enmy anyway." After a pause, "We have to tell them"
[/Alex]

Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [Alister]
> Alister shakes his head.  "We're short a life raft and a crew.  Hard to
> explain that away.  But hey, it's not my kingdom.  I'm sure Lady Sialillion
> and our new pilot over there..." he looks over at Lady Louissa as she mans
> the wheel and nervously engages the engine "...have to report what
> happened, but it's no skin off my bones either way.  I'll happily tell
> everyone else a dragon ate the crew or a dimensional door popped them off to
> Valhalla."
> [/Alister]
>

> [GM]
> As Alex observes the island, she sees Koba appear at the top of the island
> with a rope in his hand.  That view is cut off as Lady Louissa approaches
> the island's only landing at the bottom of the cliff.  She drops the anchor
> and sets the engine so that the boat will remain relatively still in the
> current.
>
> Suddenly Alex catches site of a bolt of bluish energy bursting through some
> rock at the top of the island.  It hits maybe three thousand feet of
> altitude and then flattens out like a dish, moving in all directions like a
> wave.  Much more breathtaking, and frightening, she catches sight of a
> distant leyline, maybe twenty miles to the west, start literally bending
> towards the island, moving somewhere between fifty and a hundred miles an
> hour.  Another leyline, further to the south, is being pulled as well,
> though it's much too distant for her to get much sense of its speed of
> approach.
> [/GM]
>
> [Alister]
> "Holy shit..." Alister murmurs.
> [/Alister]

[Alex]
"Do we just wait it out?" Alex asks

"Amateurs study tactics; professionals study logistics."
"Wannabes study Maus and other fantasy specifications . . . ."

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.com
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/