[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVI - Into The Southlands

Aaron Corley marjannec at netzero.net
Fri Aug 29 15:35:23 BST 2008

[Ted]
"The problem with staying close to the shore is that there might be debris under the water," the lizard man explains. "In my time, large cities ran up and down the coast. As I understand it, when Atlantis returned and the ocean levels rose, those cities were submerged. We could easily run aground or puncture the bottom of the boat on a submerged building and never realize it until it is too late. By staying out to sea, we avoid that--although we would eventually have to come to shore at some time. Perhaps an overland route is the best."
[/Ted]

-- Troy Imlach <troy_a_i at yahoo.ca> wrote:
[Talas]
I agree that it would be quicker by water. But if the winter storms are as bad as Lady Amanda says, could we not simple stay close to the shore?" Talas then turns to Louissa, "Lady Louissa, although I applaud your desire to do more with your life that produce children. I should worn you that if you come with us because of me. You may have a very lonely trip home. For if this Demon that we go to fight is as dangerous as he sounds, I may very well need to sacrifice myself in order to defeat him."
[/Talas]