[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVII - On The Border Of Doom

Alex Bayne hayden.bayne at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:06:28 GMT 2008

[Sia]
Before beginning her exorcism, Sialillion seems to consider Osiris/
Barnabas deeply, even falling into a trance for a few moments.  She
then snaps out of it, clutching the ring and rubbing her ring hand as
though it has grown very cold.   She grits her teeth.

"My god," she says, shuddering.  "Osiris is still in there.  The ring
showed me.  He's being held prisoner in his own mind!"

"But there's something else.  Barnabas is who he says he is, but I
believe that whatever corrupted the control panel under the tomb has
also implanted a third force, a dark shadow in his mind.  Whatever it
is, demon or not, it may very well be reporting our position to K'murd-
faka at this very moment."

"This exorcism may be our only hope to get Osiris back, but we run the
risk of drawing our enemy's forces here.  What do you all think?"
[/Sia]