[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XVII - On The Border Of Doom

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:41:33 GMT 2008

> > > [Talas]
> > > Talas turns away from Sia with an odd look, and then says in a loud and
> > > commanding voice say "The spirit within Osiris is an imposter. I can smell
> > > its tant. You will get no quarter from a Daemon Queller vile Spirit! Hold
> > > Him down so while I exorcise this vile spirit!"
> > > [/Talas]

> > [Osiris/Barnabas]
> > A look of fear and confusion enters Barnabas's face.
> > [/Osiris/Barnabas]

> > [Amanda]
> > "Are you certain?" Amanda says.  "Can anyone else here read minds?  Alex,
> > did you sense anything?"
> > [/Amanda]

> [Alex]
> "He believes he is who he says," the ranger responds. She is continuing to
> scan surface thoughts to see what else slips.

> In spite of the fever-like symptoms suddenly sweeping over his body, the
> lizard man leapt between Talas and Osiris, gripping the much-taller demon
> queller by both wrists. "Stop this," he ordered in broken Elvish. "This
> demon knows something and we must learn what it is. Then we will decide
> what to do about it."
> [/Ted]

> [Sia]
> Sialillion gulps, taken aback at Talas's sudden vehemence- just a moment
> ago she was shmoozing him, now it would seem that Talas has found that the
> spirit inhabiting Osiris is evil.  She looks confused at the altercation
> building.
>
> "Erm... if it would help I can attempt an exorcism.   But surely simply
> killing him outright is not the answer!"
> [/Sia]

[Amanda]
"We kill *only* as a last resort." Amanda says firmly.
[/Amanda]

> [...]

> Koba feels faint and dizzy in that stupor between dreams and awakening. It
> lasts only a few seconds, but he quickly snaps back to full conciousness.
> He suddenly snaps his head back towards the entrance just as if he just
> heard something creep up behind him.
>
> "I think we're about to be found out here. Seems like some of those
> Kmurda-Faka minions are near the vehicles. If you need time with Osiris or
> whoever he is, we can try to stop them, but either way we can't let them
> discover Om's home here. We can either try to draw them away or try to
> combat them." With that Koba swings the rifle from over his shoulder and
> checks the seals on his environmental helmet as he moves towards the door.
> [/Koba]

> [Sia]
> Before beginning her exorcism, Sialillion seems to consider Osiris/
> Barnabas deeply, even falling into a trance for a few moments.  She then
> snaps out of it, clutching the ring and rubbing her ring hand as though it
> has grown very cold.  She grits her teeth.
>
> "My god," she says, shuddering.  "Osiris is still in there.  The ring
> showed me.  He's being held prisoner in his own mind!"
>
> "But there's something else.  Barnabas is who he says he is, but I believe
> that whatever corrupted the control panel under the tomb has also
> implanted a third force, a dark shadow in his mind.  Whatever it is, demon
> or not, it may very well be reporting our position to K'murd- faka at this
> very moment."
>
> "This exorcism may be our only hope to get Osiris back, but we run the
> risk of drawing our enemy's forces here.  What do you all think?"
> [/Sia]

> [Talas]
> "Continue with the exorcism. What ever this shadow is it can not be allowed
> to remain inside of Sir. Osiris. But do not fail lady Sialillion. I have
> no desire to have to deal with this in the mane I have been trained."
> [/Talas]

> [Ted]
> "I vote we leave Barnabas be and take them both--or all three, as the case
> may be--with us," the lizard man states. He feels it is better to keep the
> enemy close than to risk immediate attack right.
> [/Ted]

> [Koba]
> "Ted, I'd rather not walk into the heart of the K'murda-faka with a beacon
> on our heads pointing us out to everyone, which is what I think he would
> be. I say continue Lady Sia, but do succeed."
> [/Koba]

> [Carlos]
> The whole time Carlos has been watching the proceedings with amusement.
> His rifle has slowly lifter higher and higher as the minutes and
> discussion have ticked by. He starts to gather his gear, ready to leave
> soon, but keeps watching Lady Sillian and Osiris, unsure which one is
> possessed, but if either becomes unstable he's ready to fire at either of

[Alister]
Alister follows Carlos's lead.  He looks at the scene unfolding with
interest, but also eyes the exit.
[/Alister]

> [Owen]
> Feeling that delay can only harm their cause, Owen will gather his things
> and prepare to move. "I have come to the conclusion that the only thing
> that is important now is to move.  Our enemies are very close, and if we
> do not move our vehicles will be dicovered, and we will be in a world of
> hurt.  Stay and quibble and sqabble all you want, but the immediate need
> is to make our vehicles safe, and move away.  We can always rehash this
> decision at a more appropriate time."
>
> "If we do not move, we will find ourselves unable to move."
>
> Owen will arm his rifle and move towards the exit.
> [/Owen]

[Alister]
Alister follows suit.  "Look, can we just knock the Cyberknight, or whoever
or whatever he is, out, and then carry this on later.  I've got some bad
vibes here."
[/Alister]

[Amanda]
Amanda turns to Sia.  "Lady Sialillion, if you can get this done in a few
minutes, then we'll see what we can do.  If you can't, then these guys are
right, we need to move."

Amanda turns to Om.  "We thank you for hospitality and gifts," Amanda says,
"I truly hope your home isn't discovered."

With that, heads for the door, transforming into her icy form as she walks.
[/Lady Frost]

[GM]
"M'lady," Om says, "I know you wish to do good, but do you have the time?"
[/GM]

[OOC]
At the moment, it appears that Alister, Owen, Lady Frost, Carlos and Koba
are heading out.  Sia, Ted, Talas and Alex are remaining behind.  I'll break
the action up into two parts at this point.
[/OOC]

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com