[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:56:16 GMT 2008

> > [Osiris]
> > The cybernknight looks at Koba.  "Well, stranger, I tend to agree with you and
> > Bongo.  I think we're in danger.  But you seem to know how much danger we're
> > in.  Perhaps you could illuminate us."
> > [/Osiris]

> [Koba]
> Turning to Osiris Koba says, "All I know is that from the moment I started to look
> for you I've been attacked by a pale mage who looks like he stepped out of his
> own grave to attack me, then riding off on a horse as morbid as he was. Danger
> apparently  is stalking you, and I think I may have gotten myself involved as well."
>
> With the sounds and lights of the local forces much closer, Koba heads back
> towards the entrance of the street where he came from looking to turn down
> the first alley he sees. "I know this way was clear a few minutes ago."
> [/Koba]

> > [GM]
> > Even as the company wipes the dust off and talks amongst themselves, the sirens
> > get much closer.  Emergency vehicle ights are clearly visible now racing towards
> > them.
> > [/GM]

> > [Bongo]
> > "Lady Sialillion," Bongo says, "I think we need to question these two, but do you
> > have the authority to keep your local cowboys from hauling them away?"
> > [/Bongo]

> > [Ted]
> > "Carlos, you seem to know something about these people," Ted says as he
> > hoists the taller one over his shoulder. "What can you tell us?"
> > [/Ted]

> [Carlos]
> "Before I joined the group, I was hired by a tall pale man to escort him to Old
> Chicago. When I saw this new tall pale man I thought it was my former employer,
> but I was mistaken. In any case, let's grab them and run!"
> [/Carlos]

> [Sia]
> From the shadows, the voice of Sialillion says, "Right.  I know of an abandoned
> garage a block away we can get to if we use sidestreets and alleys.  Follow the
> sound of my footsteps."
>
> Sialillion leads the group away quickly, using her shadow meld to scout ahead and
> be certain the path is clear without being seen.
> [/Sia]

> [Koba]
> Slightly startled by the voice coming from apparently no where, Koba does
> his best to follow the sounds down the alley
> [/Koba]

> [Talas]
> Talas takes up a rear guard position. To make sure that if the two men had friends,
> they do not try anything.
> [/Talas]

> [Alister]
> Alister sighs, mumbling something about our abilities to follow light footed footsteps
> in a back alley, and how it would relate to needing a scout. while heading
> into the alley behind the prisoners/captives
> [...]

[Lady Frost]
Lady Frost sighs, then picks up the orcish man still imprisoned in
ice, and with great ease puts him on her shoulder.  "Let's get out of
here then."
[/Lady Frost]

[GM]
Sia's footsteps are hard to follow in all the noise, and it's only
Bongo's excellent hearing that keeps them on the right path.  In a
couple of minutes the company finds themselves in front of a
boarded-up garage near the end of an alley.  Several boards have been
torn away, and everyone ducks inside.

A few old vehicles sit inside, rusting away.  This looks like an old
vehicle chopshop, though all the tools and anything of any particular
value have been looted.  The remnants of old fires can be seen.  This
has clearly been used for many years by those seeking shelter, but
with no money to pay for it.
[/GM]

[Bongo]
"Delightful place." Bongo jokes.  "When we've found a table, I'd like
a tall mug of beer, if you please."  He then turns to the prisoners.
"I think it's time these two started talking."
[/Bongo]

[GM]
Despite Talas's healing of the taller man, he still seems too out of
it to answer any questions.  The orc-man is shivering violently now,
clearly in the early stages of hypothermia.  Still, he looks at the
others, but particularly at Carlos, with hatred in his eyes.

"Y-Y-Y-You'll p-pay, Sanchez." he says, his voice a chatter.  "You'll
all p-p-p-pay.  J-j-ust like that g-g-g-girl."

The taller man begins to moan.  "Quiet, Kreeg." he says.  "The master
comes.  I hear his voice.  He comes... he comes..."

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com