[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions - Combat Round #1

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:16:53 GMT 2008

OOC: A player still missing, but we'd better move ahead.  Sorry for the delays.

> [Amanda]
> "Who can run fast?" Amanda says.  "Some of us should try to cut
> them off."  Not waiting for an answer she ducks down another alley, her
> body beginning to shimmer and transform into ice even as she
> disappears into the darkness.
> [/Lady Frost]

> [Ted]
> "On it," the lizard man replies. He takes off ahead of the others while
> looking for a way to get behind the Orcs without getting shot by his
> companions.
> [/Ted]

> [Osiris]
> Hobbling forward, Osiris mutters "I'm no runner anymore, but I am a
> fighter."  With that he enters the street, moving slowly along the
> wall.  Though trying to be quiet, his unsteady legs cause him to
> stumble, and  he falls into a wall and dislodges a few loose bricks
> with a loud clatter.
> [/Osiris]

> [GM]
> The two men immediately stop what they're doing and look towards
> the company.  An orb of light appears near the short, orcish fellow by
> the fire.  He cries out in a thick Gobbley "Yrcha-pak!", the meaning of
> which is pretty clear even to non-Gobbley speakers.  The orc-man
> whips out a sword, the runes of which can be seen glowing bright
> red.  A long staff appears from under the other's cloaks, looking at a
> distant almost like living wood, with a greenish gem atop it.
> [/GM]

> [Initiative - highest to lowest]
> Bongo
> Carlos
> Enemy #1 (short orc-like man)
> Ted
> Talas
> Sia
> Alister
> Amanda/Lady Frost
> Enemy #2 (taller man)
> Alex
> Osiris
> [/Iniative]

> [Bongo]
> Bongo shouts "Stop!" and fires his NG45-LP energy pistol at the feet
> of the orcish fellow, blowing a hole in the pavement and knocking the
> fellow back.
> [/Bongo]

> [Carlos]
> Carlos has been in shock over the news of the two men. He yells at
> them "Why are you here! You should be dead!" while jumping to
> tackle the big white man [Strike: 9].
> [/Carlos]

[Enemy #2 - Taller Man]
The taller man looks oddly at Carlos, but that doesn't stop him from
easily leaping out of Carlos's way [Dodge: Natural 20].
[/Enemy #2]

[Enemy #1 - Orc-man]
The orc-man points the sword at Carlos, and a bolt of yellowish energy
comes out of it.  Despite its impressive nature, it misses Carlos by
several feet, blasting into a building and punching a hole in the
brick wall.
[/Enemy #1]

> [Ted]
> Ted decides that the nearest Orc needs a leap kick to the head
> [Strike: 24].
> [/Ted]

[Enemy #1]
Preoccupied with his sword attack, the orc-man weakly tries to strike
at Ted as he flies through the air, failing miserably [Strike: 6], and
Ted's leap attack hits his head with full force [Damage: 15SDC].
Blood sprays from the orc-man's mouth, along with fragments of teeth.
The man hits the ground, his face a bloody mess.
[/Enemy #1]

> [Talas]
> Watching both Ted and Carlos tackle the two men Talas attempts
> disarming jump kick on the taller man [Strike: 4]
> [/Talas]

[GM]
Talas misses the man completely.
[/GM]

> [Sia]
> Upon seeing the two men, Sialillion makes some intricate gestures
> with her hands and says in a loud, clear voice, "Myrellen Vosh'na!"  A
> eight foot long square wall of semitransparent shimmering blue light
> suddenly ripples into existence in the middle of the street, about 20
> feet in front of any of the party who haven't run ahead to close to
> melee.  It is positioned so as to be able to provide a large area of
> cover for ranged attacks.
> [/Sia]

[Alister]
Alister pulls a small device that looks like a grenade.  It seems to
pop out of existence, then right next to the taller man.  There's a
loud explosion and the man is knocked off his feet and on top of
Talas.
[/Alister]

[Lady Frost]
Suddenly an icy woman, Amanda transformed, rounds the corner.  She
raises her hand and an icy sheet fires out at the the orc-man, who,
unable to move out of the way, is bound in a solid block of ice.
[/Lady Frost]

[Enemy #2]
The tall man, blackened by the odd grenade, still leaps up.  Carlos
gets a better look at him, and realizes he isn't the pale man that he
had known before.  He jams [Strike: Natural 20] the staff he is
wielding into Talas, who unable to dodge, feels horrible pain [20SDC
damage].
[/Enemy #2]

> [Alex]
> Alex hates fighting with no armor on. She finds whatever cover she
> can,  hopefully something made of mega-damage materials.  She fires
> a concussion grenade [Strike: 10].

Alex's concussion grenade is rather successful; to foe and friend
alike.  The remaining enemy still standing is knocked off his feet and
seems incapable of quickly recovering.  Of course, so is Talas, Carlos
and Ted.
[/GM]

[OOC]
All receive 4MD damage and are -10 to strike, parry, dodge, etc., as
well as having ringing ears.
[/OOC]

[Osiris]
Osiris, his blazing psi-sword in hand, makes his way around Sia's
energy field.  "Do you yield?" he cries out.
[/Osiris]

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com